“Great food Great service why go to Louisiana for cajun food”
Review of Fat Catz - CLOSED

Fat Catz
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2012

I will always go here when in Tyler. There is plenty of food even if you split a meal. We took extra home and it was as good the second day as the first. When you get to the address look for them in the back of the shopping center.

There are newer reviews for Fat Catz

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I have gone here on numerous occasions... For date night, with family, and as a large group and this place never disappoints! The best thing is that my husband has a shellfish allergy (which is always kind of nerve racking going to cajun/seafood place) and this place was well prepared for this type of thing. They offered several alternatives for him..

The service is great and the owner Cedric came by a talked to the tables.. Great family run business..

By the way, the fried pickles and fried jalapenos (w/ ranch, of course) are fantastic!!!

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Food is excellent and well presented, great service. Nice atmosphere, not noisy but conductive to conversation. The only thing lacking is a little ambience.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

I am a big fan of cajun seafood. We were in a large group with kids. Food was tasty and fresh. Service was great. Will go back again.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

I treated my relatives to dinner there this June. We ordered oysters on the half shell before dinner. We waited and waited. My wife stopped the waiter and told him we wanted them before dinner with plenty of time to enjoy them before dinner. Oysters were served and about 3 minutes later the waiter brings the food. Waiter is trying to take up the oysters to make room for the food. My brother- in- law is grabbing oysters and trying to put them on his plate as the waiter is trying to remove the tray.
My oyster po boy was great. The red beans were authentic. Other guests food was perfect and generous portions.
If you can put up with a surly, indifferent waiter that doesn't give a damn about his job, this is the place to eat!
Next time we will order the oysters and not place the food order until after we receive the oysters.