All reviews free laundry business trip dishwasher kitchenette towels internet
Reviewed October 14, 2017

There was no toilet paper or soap or shampoo in the bathroom so I had to return to the front desk to get these items for the room. The telephone and TV remote were not in working order so the front desk clerk had to make a trip to the room to correct these errors. She was helpful and seemed a little overwhelmed with too many duties for a night clerk alone downstairs by herself. There was a man watching the front desk clerk and the elevator and got into the elevator with me and grabbed me. Needless to say, It was not a good night for us. The beds were too hard and the air did not work properly I woke up several times sweating! I hope this place will correct these errors. I am a platinum rewards member and travel a lot. The front doors are not automatic opening and have no button for handicapped persons. My daughter in law could not get in the building without my help with the front doors.

Room tip: A/C problems here and no security!
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2017

Friendly staff. clean and very quiet, Very helpful for all of our needs.was nicely stock with all that one would need for a long stay. from dishes and a dishwasher to clean up. Will return to same hotel when returning to Tyler.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Brad S
Reviewed June 11, 2017

I had to be in town for a week due to an on campus requirement. We had stayed at Candlewood in the past in Illinois. All of our stays have been wonderful. It is wonderful to have a kitchenette available for meals- even if I chose to not eat in the room. This room seemed a bit smaller than the ones in Illinois- but still had all of the kitchenette, including a dishwasher!

I never knew that there was a lending closet- this was great if needed! Fans, office supplies as well as lot of kitchen supplies. There is also free laundry services (that never happens anymore).

My only complaint would be that the air freshener in the room was really intense- I actually unplugged it the first day- but the smell never went away. I probably should have brought it up at the front desk, but I did not.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank rebe35
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

I was in town for Thanksgiving with my granddaughter and stayed one night at The Candlewood Suites. There is no front desk staff from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. that was a little unusual. The room was clean, comfortable, and serve the purpose for the one night we stayed.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Lizz W, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2016

Thank you for the review on your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear everything was nice
on your visit.

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

We were in town for a family funeral and decided to stay here since we stayed at this hotel previously. We were disappointed on our second stay. The hotel needs some upgrades. There was an odd smell on the floor we were on and also when we entered our room. The furniture needed to be cleaned it was very stained and dirty. There was a thin sheet like material that was up for a shower curtain and every time you took a shower the floor would be totally wet. Don't know if we will stay here again.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank JN W
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Tyler, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2016

Dear JN W,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments and for staying with us. We apologize you were not fully satisfied with your accommodations. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We have taken note of your valuable comments regarding the furniture and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of product and services we offer to our guests.

Connie D