“How management responds to hair in your food is quite telling. The Diner failed.”
Review of The Diner

The Diner
Ranked #26 of 435 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 9, 2018

Came for breakfast this Sunday. My GF is not crazy about the place, but I always seem to have a decent meal. Not today.

Start with our waitress. Obviously she had never done this before and certainly was busy texting on her phone during orientation. Her fails were numerous and humorous. Like not offering my GF water after I ordered some. And then dropping a creamer on the floor and picking it up and wanting to place it back in the bowl with the others. We had to explain to her that there is no 5-second rule in restaurants. At least not in the front. She seemed genuinely perplexed by this.

Food arrives and I am two bites in when I pull a hair out of my mouth and find another on my plate. Not mine. I do not have red tinted hair. I get up and ask for the manager to explain. His response when I tell him someone is not wearing a hair net? "Sorry bro". Seriously, that's it. First of all, pulling someone else's hair out of your mouth is disgusting and secondly "Sorry bro" is just about the lamest apology in the world.

We simply gathered our belongings and walked out. Scratch this place off the Sunday morning breakfast choices.

GeeTee2017, Owner at The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

First, let me apologize for your experience. Using our systems to review, you are correct is saying we failed. Foreign items in food and how we respond to them is something we train for. How we handle these situations is always critical for our success.

I understand your frustration and your not wanting us to make your meal over. Our offer of a gift card for you to return still stands.

I want you to know our offer still stands. We would like to have an opportunity to make this up to you. If you just call me personally, I will be happy to get your information and send a card to you.

Thanks,
903.312.6598

Reviewed June 23, 2018 via mobile

I was in town dropping off my daughter for a week at Pine Cove and spent a few hours here for breakfast and “my office” before heading back to the DFW area. I’m a buffet girl...I always want a little of everything...I always think omelette portions are way too much...the waiter was very accommodating...I didn’t want to spend a fortune adding on each item I wanted “a la cart” so like I tell others on just about anything...it never hurts to ask...all they can do is say no if it won’t work...when I told him I wanted a smaller omelette...he said “2 eggs ok”...sure! He said no problem, we will reduce the price a little. Great!! When I asked for only 1 pancake (thy list selling them with 2 or more)...he said no problem! Really, everything I asked for, he came through! The price I paid was reasonable and well worth what I got! Everything tasted as expected or better! My bacon was crispy, pancake was slightly toasted to perfection, the biscuit was yummy and my veggie inlets was the size I wanted and tasted great! The coffee was good too!! I give this local diner 2 thumbs up and will definitely recommend and come back!! Thank you for listening and accommodating my needs!

GeeTee2017, Owner at The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

Pattersonmom,
Thanks for coming by. We love to entertain folks from out of town. East Texas hospitality and East Texas food is always a great experience, especially when you are visiting.

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in town.

Thanks,

Reviewed June 20, 2018 via mobile

We've been to The Diner a couple of times and we have really enjoyed the food. My in laws are the ones who suggested it and they do not suggest restaurants lightly. So far, my favorite item has been the carnita tacos. All in all a nice, family friendly place to eat.

Reviewed June 10, 2018 via mobile

Must try this place for breakfast if you are in Tyler. Friendly, fast service and very tasty food. You must try the bacon and the omelette was great. Very affordable too

GeeTee2017, Owner at The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2018

Thanks for the great comments. Aggies are always great customers. Thanks for being a Diner.

Reviewed June 5, 2018

Had breakfast here on our last day in Tyler. They have a wide variety of breakfast and everyone in our party enjoyed what they ordered. I wanted to try something I couldn't get at home so i tried the Migas. The Migas were very good. Eggs with poblano peppers, tomatoes, cheese and with tortilla strips and fresh corn tortillas. It came with a side of perfectly cooked hash browns and topped off with avocado. I wouldn't hesitate to order it again, but I don't think you could go wrong with whatever you ordered. The coffee was a little odd to my taste but it was ok. The service was top notch and the owner (i assume) spent quite some time at our table talking with us.
Next time in Tyler I will eat here again

Been to The Diner? Share your experiences!