“Great Food”

The Diner
Ranked #26 of 433 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Was passing through Tyler and decided to stop for lunch. What a surprise!!! The food here was excellent and great value for the money. Would definitely stop here again if in the area!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
GeeTee2017, Owner at The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

We’re so glad you stopped in to lunch with us! Thank you for your review - we love to hear from our Diners and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Great customer service, nice atmosphere. The cinnamon roll pancakes are the best pancakes I've ever had. See my attached picture. They are topped with candied pecans, whipped cream, and caramel....you really dont need syrup on them....
We also had eggs, bacon, ham, and hashbrowns. Definately stop here if you are in South Tyler !!!!

GeeTee2017, Owner at The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

We thank you for the compliments. We strive to execute at this level daily. If you ever need anything, please feel free to ask your server and we will be happy to assist you.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

The Diner

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Whenever I'm craving breakfast foods, morning, noon or night, I immediately think of The Diner. Yes, I realize they serve other things but it's their waffles or French Toast I want. Yum!

GeeTee2017, Owner at The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Laurie,
Thanks for the compliments. We really love our waffles and French Toast too.

See you soon.

Lloyd

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Great atmosphere, solid service, welcoming people at front counter, excellent food choices and delicious food to boot. What started as a visit has turned us into regular customers. Highly recommend this place.

GeeTee2017, Owner at The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

John,
First of all I would like to thank you. We strive to provide great food and outstanding service. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you in the future.

Thanks again,

Reviewed July 9, 2018

Came for breakfast this Sunday. My GF is not crazy about the place, but I always seem to have a decent meal. Not today.

Start with our waitress. Obviously she had never done this before and certainly was busy texting on her phone during orientation. Her fails were numerous and humorous. Like not offering my GF water after I ordered some. And then dropping a creamer on the floor and picking it up and wanting to place it back in the bowl with the others. We had to explain to her that there is no 5-second rule in restaurants. At least not in the front. She seemed genuinely perplexed by this.

Food arrives and I am two bites in when I pull a hair out of my mouth and find another on my plate. Not mine. I do not have red tinted hair. I get up and ask for the manager to explain. His response when I tell him someone is not wearing a hair net? "Sorry bro". Seriously, that's it. First of all, pulling someone else's hair out of your mouth is disgusting and secondly "Sorry bro" is just about the lamest apology in the world.

We simply gathered our belongings and walked out. Scratch this place off the Sunday morning breakfast choices.

GeeTee2017, Owner at The Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2018

First, let me apologize for your experience. Using our systems to review, you are correct is saying we failed. Foreign items in food and how we respond to them is something we train for. How we handle these situations is always critical for our success.

I understand your frustration and your not wanting us to make your meal over. Our offer of a gift card for you to return still stands.

I want you to know our offer still stands. We would like to have an opportunity to make this up to you. If you just call me personally, I will be happy to get your information and send a card to you.

903.312.6598

Been to The Diner? Share your experiences!