“Awesome food!”

Mama's Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 435 Restaurants in Tyler
Cuisines: Armenian, Mexican
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

I went here because the locals highly recommend it. I went for breakfast so I ordered the pancakes. They wetter the best pancakes is ever eaten! So I ordered lunch to go as well and was not disappointed! I recommend a visit to this place of you're ever in town. I know any time I come tho Tyler I plan on stopping here for breakfast or lunch

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed two meals there with different groups of friends-once for lunch and once for dinner in the past week. Mexican food was good. Portions are large. Good breakfast. Servers attentive and friendly.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed April 8, 2018 via mobile

I just left Mama's and had the best pancakes I've ever had along with perfect eggs over medium and the country skillet potatoes. All of this was at a very affordable price. I will definitely be going back!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 3, 2018

I have only eaten breakfast at Mama's. Mainly because it is enough food to last you almost all day. Most days I have leftovers. It is the closest thing you will find to actual Mexican food in Tyler.Yes they use a lot of jalapenos as do most Tex-Mex places, but it really is done more south of the border style. I am not sure there is anywhere else here that has both Migas and Machaca on the breakfast menu. Oh, and they actually have real salsa, not that red and green sauce that is so popular here. And they do make great pancakes if that's what you are after.

It gets crowded on the weekend and there is parking around back. On Sunday you will need to skip church and come early or you will wait for a table.

Service is good, food is tasty and comes out fast. This is my go-to place for breakfast in Tyler.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed March 28, 2018

I have eaten breakfast here about once per month for several months, with some of my close friends. Service is always good and friendly, food is always good at a very fair price. The atmosphere is not very good, needing a lot of updating and remodeling. Overall, my friends and I enjoy eating there and we have learned to live with the atmosphere.

Date of visit: March 2018

Been to Mama's Restaurant? Share your experiences!