US$50
Rodeway Inn(Marshall)
US$60
RodewayInn
US$53
All reviewscozy cabinbbq grillfew stepsroom was cleancoffee pothighly recommend this placethe ownercaddo lakecafekeyswifiaccommodationstowelsfacilitiescampmicrowavecanoe
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay in a cute little cabin, the Cozy Cabin. I mean LITTLE! But our previous plans were to camp in a tent. We were glad that we chose the cabin instead as a terrible storm blew through our first night. The cabin was decorated nicely and facilities sufficient for us that were going to go in a tent. Maybe not for glampers. We enjoyed our stay! The owner was delightful, friendly & accomodating.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2017

Pros: clean, great location, satellite TV, refrigerator, and microwave. Just a few steps away from the fantastic Shady Glade Cafe (separately owned) and the lake. Free access to canoes and kayaks.

Cons:
1) Way overpriced (but so are all accommodations at Caddo Lake). This place should go for $50 or $60 a night. The room also smelled a bit funky, but you get used to it.

2) WiFi barely worked and was constantly cutting off, and there is no phone in the room. This is somewhat concerning since a) it's VERY difficult to get ANY cell phone reception at this part of Caddo Lake (even though I have AT&T) and b) there was not a dead bolt on the door, just a simple lock.

**Apparently Don Henley (The Eagles) and some others have bought up much of the land in the area to prevent over-development and corporatization. While this undoubtedly has many benefits for the local landscape, the norm seems to be grossly overcharging for lackluster accommodations. Fortunately Caddo Lake is still amazing, and the local restaurants will not disappoint.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Adam S
Reviewed November 28, 2016

First, the good: very clean room. Great location on Caddo Lake and close to the few dining options there are in Uncertain as well as the state park.

Second, the not so good: Upon arrival I couldn't find the office, I saw the sign on my way out (three days later) but it is not marked very well. Ran into the proprietress while searching for the office, at least, I assume it was her, she did not introduce herself. She pointed to my cabin and said it was open and the keys were inside. It was and they were. However, no internet instructions, so I went looking for the office to get the instructions and was asking another guest and he told me the instructions were posted on his refrigerator, so I went back and looked at mine. No dice. On my way to look for the office for the third time, I ran into my neighbor who had not brought her phone, so she just gave me her wifi instructions. The wifi is ridiculous, it mostly didn't work. I don't have an issue with that except, please don't advertise wifi if it doesn't work.

They allow you to use their canoes/kayak for free if you stay there. I thoroughly enjoyed kayaking on my first morning there. Some kids evidently used it after me and broke the oar. I tried kayaking that evening with a canoe oar (one paddle) and did ok, but it was somewhat difficult. Also, I stopped by the restaurant they own and let them know the paddle was broken. I would recommend having some spare equipment to replace broken items or checking out the equipment so they are aware if there is an issue. The oar wasn't replaced during my stay.

Evidently maid service is by request only, which is fine except my phone didn't work to call them.

Overall, don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed. I think that this could be a great place with a little TLC and some improved customer service.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Wavejenny14
Reviewed November 1, 2016

I had an outstanding experience with this establishment. Dave (maybe the owner?) was incredibly helpful and understanding to a certain situation and request I had for my reservations. He contacted me immediately and was very responsive before and after the trip. I rented the Cozy Cabin because it was the cheapest. Even though it was the cheapest, it was still setup with everything needed for a comfortable and relaxing overnight stay after a long day of fishing. They even have DirectTv so I was able to watch the LSU game!! I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice fishing trip in one of the pristine fishing lakes in this area of Texas/Louisiana.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank calebfolse
Reviewed September 28, 2016

what a great experience. Reservations were easy and when we arrived the room was ready for us. We stayed in the cozy cabin. It was just that. Cozy. We had a mini fridge, coffee pot , tv, and wifi. The bed was comfortable. All the comforts of home. This is a fishing community and the people are all very friendly. The lake is incredible. It was our anniversary and the entire experience was perfect. I'm sure we will return again hopefully get the cozy cabin.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple