“Delicious!!!!”
Review of Mom's Kitchen

Mom's Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Van Horn
Reviewed May 22, 2018 via mobile

This is the real deal and I highly recommend Mom’s Kitchen. Authentic Mexican good at its best! They can be very busy but totally worth the wait. If you’re in a hurry call in and place your order to go.

I had the Gibson Plate which included Asado, Green Chili Verde beans and rice.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed March 15, 2018

Stopped for lunch based on Yelp review. We were not disappointed. The food was delicious - simple, but authentic. The salsa was great - the right amount of heat. The sauces on our dishes were so authentic. And mom is cooking the food with daughter and son-in-law helping out. A real surprise in a small town off I-10.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

Visited right after Christmas and the Mexican food is great! My husband loves their red chili pork asado plate, I always order their crispy taco plate or the red chili enchilada plate. We came by two different days for the yummy food during our 3 day stay in town. Stop if you want yummy authentic Mexican food made from scratch. They close at 2 pm so come by before 2! Also the phone number on trip advisor is wrong the area code should be 432 hope that’s corrected.

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed November 27, 2017

We came to this small family restaurant at about 11:00 AM, another couple came through the door the same time we did. The waitress took their order and two ladies walked in and talked to the waitress then left. The waitress came got my order, ( breakfast burrito). They brought our tea and we waited, the other customer finished their meal and left. We were still waiting, we asked if our meal was coming, and were told “soon”. The two ladies returned and were given two bags with food in them, and they were waiting. End of story we waited a hour, no other customers, but the large “to go” order was still not done. We were told to wait, no customer service. We left. If you have a couple f hours to wait , then this place is OK. We were traveling and had just wanted a meal to get on the road again.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in town for a quick stay and had to visit our favorite restaurant in town. My husband loves the asado plate (red chili with pork) I ordered crispy taco plate, my dad the red enchilada plate All were so delicious! Great quaint restaurant and friendly service! Yum!

Date of visit: October 2017