“Mom and Pop Mexican”
Review of Papa's Pantry - CLOSED

Papa's Pantry
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed June 3, 2016

Papa's has Mexican and American food.I had chick em enchiladas, which where quite tasty. The salsa is good, too. You can get hamburgers and other things too but I think the Mexican is what they specialize in.
It's just a little local diner. Plain and simple, not big on ambiance.

Reviewed May 28, 2016 via mobile

The owner of the Taylor Motel suggested this and another place for breakfast. We chose Papa's. I'm glad we did. The food was delicious and the waitress was friendly and attentive. I would not hesitate to eat here again.

Reviewed April 10, 2016

We ate Mexican food here. Then my husband returned for lunch the next day and had a hamburger. Portions are generous. Ice tea is cold. Waitress checked on our table several times. We will be returning here to eat. I will next try grilled chicken and a baked potato.

Reviewed April 5, 2016 via mobile

Based on so many mixed reviews, we didn't know what to expect. However, we are always up for an adventure and we were pleasantly surprised! The green enchiladas were very good. Chicken patiquena was a good low carb option and came with a fresh salad. Also, prices were reasonable with most lunch options in the $7-$9 range.

Reviewed March 14, 2016 via mobile

Not much to look at outside or in, but a full parking lot and a restaurant packed with locals at breakfast time is always a good sign. Nothing fancy. Nothing pretentious. Just good old fashioned American and Mexican cuisine. They also appear to have an off the menu breakfast item that I surely would have tried had I known...biscuits and gravy, and it sold out while we were waiting for our breakfast.