“S-L-O-W service but worth the wait”

Van Horn Cattle Company
Ranked #2 of 28 Restaurants in Van Horn
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Completely remodeled in 2010. Enjoy three different dining atmospheres. Our TV Room with 5 large screen TV's to keep you intouch with your favorite teams. Our Dining Room with a more quiet surrounding or our Bar Area to meet & greet new friends.
Reviewed November 17, 2018 via mobile

It took us an hour between being seated and seating, but we expected that as much as we expected the food to be as tasty as it was. My top sirloin was delicious while a bit tough and my husband's bacon wrapped filet made his wait palatable.

They serve lots of beer and the NM stout was perfect. Their garlic mashed potatoes were among the best I've ever enjoyed and their green beans were garden fresh. Great food but it is as slow as it gets.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed November 15, 2018 via mobile

1st time here and wasn't overly impressed! Service very slow. Food was ok...chicken wings were cold and salad was nothing special! Would we return....probably not

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 1, 2018

It seems we always end up staying in Van Horn when we return home to Tucson from our East Coast road trips. We really enjoy having dinner at the Cattle Company. I think it is the taste of a home cooked meal while on the road that is so appealing. this past week while there my husband and I both had different chicken dishes and they were very good. I have never had a problem with service and my servers have always been friendly and accomodating.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

I went in for dinner a little after 7:30 on a Monday and was seated immediately. The first thing I noticed is that the chairs have arms and they are very narrow. I was like squeezing into a seat on an American Airlines 737. Tight to say the least. The food was very good, but it took a long time to get it and the service after being seated was slow even though they did not appear to be busy.

Reviewed October 28, 2018

We were seated promptly and got some warm rolls that were passable. Iced tea was pretty good. Ordered our meals, NY Strip steaks (12 oz) and you are offered 2 sides OR a salad. The salads come with a specific dressing which is kind of strange. I tried to order with a different dressing, but they did not offer Thousand Island or French, so I passed. No baked potato is offered which is also kind of strange for a steak house. We got the garlic mashed potatoes and ranch style beans. The steaks were good but seemed small for 12 oz. Potatoes were good and I think the beans were a canned variety. Overall I would give it a passing grade for the steak and iced tea. Not bad, but not great. I see asparagus in one of the pictures above and that was NOT on the menu or we would have gotten it in place of the beans.