“Great Value Friendly Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Victoria

Fairfield Inn & Suites Victoria
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Victoria
Calgary, Canada
“Great Value Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2006

We were passing through Victoria Texas and as we had stayed a Fairfields before we decided to try this. We were not disappointed. The front staff were very friendly and helpful. They gave us good advice on eating establishments and shopping.

The rooms were very clean and it looked like everything had be recently re-done. Beds were very confortable.

We did not try the pool

Overal we felt we good good value and the hotel was clean and staff very friendly

• Liked — Friendly staff and clean rooms
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Central Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2006

Not a "heated" indoor pool. That means if you are not polar bear don't attempt the swimming pool. Worst of all the pool was 99% of the reason we wanted to stay there in late Nov. early Dec. and what was worse we could not use what hot tube because it was so saturated with chemicals I got a rash after 2 times. Marriott does not impress me.

• Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2006

At best adequate, not Marriot quality. The breakfast was poor quality. Even after we asked we didn't get enough extra pillows and all the extra blankets were gone. The elevator smelled bad and the carpets need to be replaced.

It would have been okay, except they charged $100 per night (including tax). It's really only a $59.00 per night quality hotel.

• Stayed December 2005
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MaymeG2013
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2005

I stayed here b/c I'm a big fan of Marriott and Hilton points and have had good experience with their standards. I'm going to Victoria a few times over the next few months, so I was looking for a place that met the requirements....

Pros: Good location next to the mall with plenty of dining options nearby. Interior corridor, unlike most of the hotels in this town. Marriott points.

Cons: The property was built in the mid 90's and clearly looks it. Rooms were pretty well used as it looked like in their pics...guess I should trust photos a little more. The aged appearance of the property/furnishings meant this property didn't live up to the expectations I have of Marriott properties. The rooms seemed smaller than what I'm used to too.

I wish there was an option for 2.5 stars...but for now, I'll lean towards 2 stars. I probably won't stay here again given that it doesn't seem to be in the best shape and will try the La Quinta across the street that someone here reviewed earlier. I normally avoid exterior entry La Quinta's but its location is also convenient and I figure since I have several stays ahead, I might as well find a better room.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member