“Real Texas BBQ”

Price range: US$8 - US$10
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Uncle Dan's has been voted the #1 Barbecue Restaurant in Waco for over 15 years. We offer authentic smoked meats including beef brisket, turkey, ham, sausage, home made sides and gourmet mesquite wood fired hamburgers and many other delicious foods. Our amenities include family style dining, private party rooms with full audio visual capabilities, free wi-fi, delivery and catering.
Whitney, TX
“Real Texas BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

Uncle Dan's serves the real thing, smoked beef brisket, sausage, and all the trimmin's. If a BBQ place doesn't have fried okra on the menu, then it isn't a real BBQ place --- Dan's has all the fried okra you can eat.

Michigan
“The real deal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

Heading south on I35, I cranked up my mobile version of Tripadvisor and found Uncle Dans. Maybe 8 - 10 minutes off of the interstate, my wife commented that this place must have gotten great reviews for me to drive that far out of the way. I can tell you now that it was well worth it.
She got the chopped brisket plate, my son the Ultimate BBQ sandwich and I got the Super Tater with smoked turkey. They were all great and we'd go back in a flash.
BTW, if you go there via Rt 6 (Texas loop 340) it's probably only 3 - 4 minutes off of I35.

Iowa
“Would Recommend the Brisket & Potato Salads”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

On a Texas road trip heading for San Antonio, we stopped at the Waco tourist center and a staff member recommended Uncle Dan's for local BBQ. Its a buffet where you get your tray and silverware, then read the menu on the overhead blackboards and the staff serves you. They could tell we were tourists and were very helpful in explaining all their menu items. I got their reduced portion brisket for lunch, cost $6.60. The brisket was good and so was the spicy BBQ sauce. My friend got their ribs, they were not so good, a little chewy and on the fatty side. Think I also saw sliced turkey, brats, sausage and chicken fried steak on their board. They had a large option of sides. They had both a yellow (mustard) and a white (spicy sour cream) potato salad. I tried a combo of each and it was tasty. The cole slaw was OK. The pinto beans were a little heavy on the chile powder. There's a couple big dining rooms so is definitely setup to handle large groups, maybe tour buses?

• Visited November 2011
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Family Reunion Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2011

We enjoyed using Uncle Dan's because they let us go through the line and pay individually. The food was good and the Dr.Pepper is the REAL Dr. Pepper! Need I say more? Lots of parking. Do come in the back doors.
We all met for the family night dinner to tell about everyones activities for the year. There were 75 of us. We used 2 rooms for dinner then moved to one room for our family time.
The use of the room was by the hour. It worked out well for us. Thanks Uncle Dan's. And yes -there is a real Uncle Dan~ we met him! We are all from out of town so finding this place was a real coup. Very nice people.

• Visited September 2011
San Antonio, Texas
“Excellent food at a great price. Our favorite road trip stop in Waco.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

On a road trip from Dallas to San Antonio, we found ourselves hungry around Waco. We decided to try out Uncle Dan's for the first time. We stopped, ate, enjoyed, and we'll be back next time we're making this trip. Service was wonderful, and the food was even better. The jalapeno sausage was awesome, neither too spicy nor too greasy. The chili beans were a big hit, better than the green beans. The chopped brisket with fresh dinner rolls was excellent as well. We opted for the spicy BBQ sauce, and we'd do so again..great sauce! the yellow potato salad was perfect, with the right amount of mustard and pickles to give it a zingy flavor. Perhaps Uncle Dan would consider moving to San Antonio? We can dream, I guess.

• Visited September 2011