“Lunch with wife and sister in law”
Review of Tres - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Tres
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 21, 2015

Great tasting food, plenty of selection. Not your ordinary Mexican place. Family owned, several locations and all are great. Service with a smile.

Reviewed February 24, 2015

We stopped here on our way through town and the food was average but good Tex Mex. I would heat here again if I was passing through, but not go out of my way. The salsa was very good and the chips were not greasy. The cheese enchilada was just OK, but the taco was tasty. My friend ordered chicken flautas and they were VERY generous with the chicken filling. Service was good.

Reviewed September 16, 2014

I highly recommend Tres to those who prefer to go off-chain, and eat where locals do. Tres has, in my opinion, the best "chicken fajitas" in town. Do not go here for an exciting venue (it's a little dark and quiet most times), but the service is personal and friendly and the food is, for its genre, top rate. Don't mistake their dark sign for being closed. Traveling West from I-35, look for Tres just past the Sonic on 6th Street, on the right.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visited the Dr. Pepper Museum on our way home from San Antonio and needed a place for lunch in Waco. Both Urban Spoon and Yelp mentioned Tres, and all the reviews were very positive. It was easy to find after we left the museum. This restaurant is wonderful! Service is fantastic--I think we had the best waitress ever!

Back to the food: another "best ever" was the salsa. it's the best salsa I've think I've had in a Mexican restaurant and the food was fabulous as well. We had the lunch special which was fajitas that day. The chicken and the onions were seasoned and cooked so well; just delicious. We left stuffed and happy and wishing that we could eat there again. Give this place a try if you're in Waco. You will love it.

1  Thank Lee4