“Great food and service!”

The Egg & I Restaurant
Ranked #28 of 454 Restaurants in Waco
Reviewed July 19, 2018

The Egg & I is a great place for a casual breakfast, brunch or lunch. I can only attest to great breakfasts, having never tried their delectable sounding lunch menu. Benedict's, frittatas, omelettes and scrambles dominate the breakfast menu along with pancakes, waffles and French Toast. Fresh juices juiced in-house with seasonal favorites along with special concoctions like a kale, Fuji apple, cucumber and lemon "Kale Cooler" are available as well as fresh coffee. The breakfast offerings are hard to choose from with a delectable mix of ingredients in the eggs Benedict, or frittatas...like crab cake Benedict, garden frittata or the Vera Cruz Chicken & Avocado Omelette (excellent)! Skillets such as the Texas Skillet (my favorite) with steak strips, sweet bell peppers, onions and house-roasted mushrooms on seasoned potatoes with melted Cheddar Jack, two eggs and English muffin share the menu with vegan and Mexican dishes as well. The service both times my wife and I ate there was exceptional. The waiters and waitresses act like they know you and they actually do know many regulars. We were treated like regulars and we would be if one of these cafes were closer to us.

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2018

Thanks so much for the great review! It's just what we love to hear. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

My daughters and I ate breakfast here on Fathers Day morning. We got there at 10 and were told it would be a 20 minute wait but we were seated in less than 15 minutes. Service was friendly. Plenty of coffee refills. The food was delicious and plentiful. The restaurant is very clean and family friendly. I highly recommend it.

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2018

Thanks so much! We truly value those five stars and appreciate you taking the time to let everyone know. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

I am not much of a breakfast person, but admittedly, The Egg and I gave me a new appreciation for this meal. The menu had more than just the standard breakfast fare but the also had a variety of healthy and alternative offerings such as Avocado toast. They even have a kale drink on the menu. I ordered the Tuscan scramble which was eggs perfectly scrambled with avocado, smoke turkey, spinach, cheeses, and pesto. It came with fresh fruit (although it did appear to be frozen/thawed) and an English Muffin. It was delicious. Their sweet tea was perfectly brewed and sweetened! And the service was excellent. I will definitely be going back to this restaurant.

Note: they also have lunch options and gluten free options.

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Reviewed June 2, 2018

Have eaten here many times; latest time with spouse did not disappoint. Impressive menu selection, went with a whim (corned beef with eggs for breakfast? Why not?) and specialized order, no problem. Spouse got coffee (delicious, she says); server left carafes for water and coffee with us. More than we could eat, came out in good time.
Just as tasty as Magnolia Table with NO WAIT, cozy atmosphere, right price. 5/5!

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2018

Thanks for the great review, Brendan! It's just what we love to hear. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 25, 2018

I love this place the food is fresh and fast. I have gone 3 times and i will go again when back in texas ,i wish they had more of these resturants around . This is a breakfast and lunch only they close at 2 i think . my dad and i closed it down 2 years ago lol

Katie H, Guest Relations Manager at The Egg & I Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2018

Thanks so much for the great review. We can't wait to see you again when you're back in town!

Been to The Egg & I Restaurant? Share your experiences!