“Good Place to Stop Near I-35”
Review of Elite Circle Grille - CLOSED

Elite Circle Grille
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 23, 2015

Enjoyed lunch here during a quick stop off of I-35. The fried pickles are awesome. Really enjoyed the food and the service was good.

Reviewed November 10, 2015 via mobile

I eat here once a month and one time the food will be great, the next cold and flavorless. The staff is the same thing one time the server is top notch the next time, like some guy that has never even been waited on.
The last time the Jalapeño fries were served cold, and my sandwich did not come out with my wife's food.

This place probably needs new management.

Reviewed November 10, 2015 via mobile

The service was fair. The queso was excellent. The chicken fried chicken, king ranch casserole, fish and burgers were all big hits. A very pleasing meal overall.

Reviewed October 31, 2015

We've been dining at the Elite Circle Grille for decades. Over the years, we've come with family and friends, and have brought our incoming tour groups visiting Waco.

We dined there again a couple of weeks ago. One of the persons with us is a retired former restauranteur and caterer whose family has been in the food service business in Waco for three generations.

She ordered one of the Elite’s “signature” entrees, the chicken fried steak. It was inedible. From the first bite, she said that it was NOT “up to par”, and that it simply had “no flavor”. I sampled it myself, and found the meat tough and tasteless, and the fried batter coating tasted and smelled of rancid oil.

Very disappointing.

The good service of the waitstaff was overshadowed by the fact of how poorly the chicken fried steak had been prepared – an entrée which has always been very popular at the Elite.

This restaurant is Waco’s ONLY restaurant which is linked to various airline and other dining programs. It has been in business – but not under the same ownership – for almost 100 years; however, it cannot – and should not – rest on its laurels or become complacent merely because it always draws diners from out-of-town – being located just off the I-35 – and each year’s new influx of college students. Waco is a small enough town where word of mouth can make or break a business – even if it is almost 100 years old.

Reviewed October 19, 2015 via mobile

This is a friendly place to eat, and our nice waiter did an excellent job for 15 of us. Most who ordered the chicken fried steak loved it. The chicken tortilla soup was liked. I had fish and chips, which wasn't like I expects, but ok. Everyone enjoyed themselves and the food.