“Good Golf Outing”

Canyon West Golf Club
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I bit out west but the greens were in good shape, the fairways well defined and the crowds were light. Good Texas golf with fast greens. But avoid the rough. There are critters out there that you don't want to meet.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

have played this course many times well maintained and groomed... good for all levels of golfmanship.....nice surroundings just minutes west of weatherford

Reviewed July 6, 2013

I have played in several golf courses in the U.S., I have never seen a person so angry with the public, never ever has a smile on her face. The golf course is wonderful, but the club house attendant is a bad stat.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We Played on Saturday June 29,2013 and had a great round.

I haven't played this course in a quite a few years since I live in NE Ft Worth and there are many course to choose from. We decided to take a trip to visit canyon West and we were not disappointed!

The last time I played here, the course was just in OK shape but the new owners have put some time and care into the place. Everything was nice and green (and this is end of June!).

My only complaint would be that the bunkers were mostly dirt and not sand (thankfully I only saw this area only once but the rest of the players visited the beach a few times). Maybe the owners have that in their next phase.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pro shop was good enough but we were really impressed with the atmosphere in the dining area as it overlooks the course and I think the decor is fantastic as it fits with the entire layout of the course.

The price for a Saturday outing was very reasonable and provided value for our money. We are already planning another visit here in the next few weeks . The course is laid out well and should provide a challenge to all players.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The course is Ok the clubhouse facility is fine however needs a major interior redo. The restaurant has oversized bulky tables with high backed desk chair seats, very dark and dated looking. Personnel seemed nice and helpful but I would wait and see how the new owner handles things before making a commitment. Only food available when we were there was the grill, frankly the hotdogs were not good, bread was stale.