“My taste buds are in love”
Review of Chalupas Taqueria

Chalupas Taqueria
Ranked #22 of 168 Restaurants in Webster
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Whoa, my taste buds are still dancing with joy after leaving here with a full belly!!

My husband and I came here in search of a late lunch after visiting the NASA Space Center. The place was quite busy for an Easter Sunday but we did get a seated right away.

We ordered our food almost immediately. I will say the menu has plenty of options.

While waiting for our food we were given complimentary chips and salsa. The red salsa was fresh but the green salsa was where my taste buds were dancing all around. The chips were anything special but honestly, it didn't matter based upon the green salsa. Seriously this place should bottle it and sell it. We even asked if they sell it which they don't but she did tell us it was easy to make.

For our meals, I ordered the fish tacos (3) on a corn tortilla with a salad and beans. My husband went with shrimp tacos, salad, and refried beans. Both tacos were flavorful and delicious. My beans were very flavorful and better than the refried beans. The salad was not really a salad. It was just some ice burg shredded lettuce with a few tomatoes slices. No worries because I didn't come here for salad.

The service was a little slow but I sort of blame that on how busy the place was at the time. No complaints because I left very full and in foodie heaven.

Reviewed January 6, 2018 via mobile

This was the first Mexican restaurant I visited upon my relocation to TX. I was welcomed as soon as I was seated. The staff are all very genuine and friendly. I ordered Enchiladas Verdes with refried beans and rice. Geez! It was divine! The plates were hot and prompt to the table after ordering. Pricing is extremely affordable!

Needless to say, I have gone back several times after my first visit! The food quality has not changed at all! Delicious and quick to get to the table after placing your order. Beer is served in a frosted mug, and staff already know my face! Super friendly and always greet you and welcome you back! It is now my “go-to” for Mexican in Webster.

Reviewed December 29, 2017

Was taken to try this local restaurant - glad we did. Seating is a little tight, but it adds to the "familia". Wait staff were quick, food came quickly as well once we ordered. Hot, tasty, and if it weren't so filling, would have liked to have more! (next time). Good stop - try the desserts, too!

Reviewed October 15, 2017

The food was excellent, the service will blow you away. All we had to do is think about getting something and there was someone there with what we wanted. The wait staff was very friendly. The price was not bad. I would rate this place a place to come back to.
Some of the best on site made Salas I have ever had. The best Green sauce I have ever had.

Reviewed May 4, 2017

I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant. When we walked in there were two plates that were the specials of the day, I chose one of them and it was extremely good! It consisted of chicken fajita strips, two chicken enchiladas with verde sauce, rice and beans. We went at an off-time it was after lunch, but before dinner, so we noticed one of the girls sweeping the restaurant, she moved the entire booth seat to sweep behind it and under it.....who does that? Well, they do and that made a huge impression on us! We will return for dinner again and we want to try their breakfast, it sounds amazing! They have a wide selection of menu items.

Oh and they serve alcoholic beverages now, I read an old review before we arrived and it said they did not have grown up beverages, so we ordered ice tea, it was very good and fresh tasting. We spoke to the owner at the restaurant, he said they received their liquor license about four months ago.