“My youngest loves his birthday ribs...”

Saltgrass Steak House
Ranked #15 of 169 Restaurants in Webster
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Description: An award-winning steakhouse famous for serving Certified Angus Beef® steaks. Each steak is cooked to perfection with Saltgrass-7 Steak Spice, and topped with garlic butter. All breads, dressings, soups and desserts are made from scratch daily. Great food and legendary hospitality make Saltgrass an enjoyable experience for the whole family.
Reviewed December 19, 2015

The night before my youngest was born we at at SaltGrass and have come back every year since for his birthday eve celebration. It never disappoints and it even has a LARGE fireplace.

Reviewed December 10, 2015 via mobile

My wife and I have established this place as our official anniversary dinner spot. They rock on the steaks and actually know what medium cooked means.
Try the Texas Rattlers...
If using a gift or points card, watch them as they have a habit of using your points on other customers tabs.
Other than that, we can't wait to go there again.

Reviewed November 28, 2015

Meh. Just meh. It wasn't terrible, it wasn't fantastic, it was okay. The service was okay, the food was okay, or mine was. Hubby's steak was good, but my chicken fried steak was meh.

We went here to celebrate our anniversary, and me running the Toughest 10k Galveston; we debated going to Kemah, or driving down to Galveston. Wish we would have. This really was NOT a good experience.

We were seated promptly, and it all fell apart from there. The waiter started out fine, and was pleasant but he never really stepped up and made it a great experience, like good waiters/waitresses can do.

We got our drinks and our bread, which was cold and somewhat stale, but not too bad. I should have sent it back, but I didn't and that's on me. I ordered the chicken fried steak, which I've had at Saltgrass before and it's usually delicious; not so much this time. It was mostly breading covering tough steak, with hardly any gravy and cold mashed potatoes. Definitely sub-par. When the waiter asked, I told him it wasn't that good and I was disappointed, he just kinda shrugged and said sorry. That's it. No offer for fresh food, or a discount. Hubby's steak was good, and hot and that made me happy at least.

I just was not impressed and doubt I will be back to this location. it was funny, the manager, or someone that looked like a MOD stopped at almost every table around us asking how things were, and when the gentleman at the next table said his birthday was a week ago and asked for a complimentary dessert and was told sure fine, no problem, I realized for some reason it was just us that got the short end of the stick here. I mean, I showered after my race, and we both were clean and smelled good, so not sure what the issue was. Still won't be back anytime soon though. I'm too cheap to spend $60 for a mediocre meal.

Reviewed November 13, 2015

Second time visiting a Saltgrass Steakhouse on this business trip. This time I took my friends' advice and ordered the steak and shrimp. I ordered the steak medium rare but it arrived somewhere between medium and medium well, although it was still tender and juicy (for sirloin). The shrimp seemed underwhelming, only six small specimens, but the flavor was good -- and their cocktail sauce was EXCELLENT! I'm not from Texas, so will have to see if I can get it shipped online. Best I ever had.

Another ordered the salmon and broccoli, which is my usual go-to meal, but the salmon looked a little skimpy to me. She had no complaints, though.

The service was excellent, our server was friendly, attentive and anticipated our wishes. She said she was doing this job while going to nursing school, so I'm sure she'll do a great job at that when the time comes, and in the meantime we were the beneficiaries of her excellent "bedside manner."

Then it was time to order dessert. They raved about the portion sizes, and I have to admit they were right. It was a full quarter of a three-layer cake! We ordered two, then split them between the four of us, but none of us still finished ours, though not for lack of trying. Delicious. Save room!

Reviewed November 9, 2015 via mobile

I visited with my friends,very beautiful environment, great service and excellent steak,I definitely recommend a visit when visiting nearby NASA