“Wonderful”
Review of Wichita Star Hotel

Wichita Star Hotel
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Reviewed 21 May 2012

I had such a wonderful stay at the Lexington. From the moment I checked in, I was greeted with the most friendly staff which continued through out my stay. The rooms were much bigger than most hotels I have stayed in and were very clean. The breakfast tasted as if I were eating at a restaurant....very good food. Lexington will be the only hotel i stay when returning to WF.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tim M
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear TimM,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review on our hotel. Our staff work very hard to make sure each guest feels at home and I am glad to hear they exceeded your expectations! Next time you are in the area, call directly and we will have a complementary upgraded waiting for you!

In the spirit of hospitality,

Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

This place was great. It was really clean besides the raggity old carpets. Breakfast was ok but I'd stay away from the cheese and salsa since they left it in the buffet area over night uncovered. I was impressed by the room size. Stayed four nights for 250$ the microwave and living area in the room came in handy since most of my time was spent in the hotel. Would stay again!

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank KatzVid
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you KatzVid for your review! I am very glad to hear that your stay was enjoyable and you made use of the microwave and refrigerator in the room. The carpets are in the processed of being updated, so I hope you will get to see them on your next visit!

Reviewed 21 April 2012

The Lexington Suites is below average in most areas in my book for the following reasons:
*carpets looked old and worn in the hallways and lobby
*front desk was less than friendly. Not rude, but not friendly
*mold in the bathroom shower
*tiny soaps and shampoos were offered and 3 out of 4 of mine had already been opened with the seal broken
*therebwas a brown stain on one of our towels
*blow dryer and iron were broken
*beds and pillows were ok, not good not horrible
*free wi-fi was sloooow on my iPad and iPhone use
*loud unidentified noises all night
* breakfast was disappointing in selection and taste (baaaad coffee too)
*the fresh cookies were also all gone, which I have to admit bummed me out too...lol.
*decor looks really dated
*overall cheap feel, especially whee compared to other reasonably priced hotel chains.
While none of these issues were really cause to run from the place screaming, I would not return and certainly wouldn't recommend this hotel to others. If ever staying in Witchita Falls again, I highly recommend the Holiday INN express.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank AF123FunkyTown
parkerx2, General Manager at Wichita Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Mr. Funkytown,

I am disappointed to hear that you had so many issues during your stay. I agree that the carpets need to be replaced and we are working towards making that happen. However the tile in the lobby is new and in good condition. The front Desk staff have been made aware of your review and have promised to make sure they NEVER leave a guest with this impression again. The tiny shampoos should not have been broken. If you would have notified the Front Desk we would have been happy to replace them for you, as well as your towel. I have had the Maintenance Engineer check every one of the Hair dryers and Irons. We have not had to replace any. The complementary breakfast and coffee are a special treat we provide to delight our guest. I am sorry that you do not feel it met your needs. Please call me at 940-692-7900 to discus some form of reimbursement.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My only complaint is that the air didn't seem to work properly; it only blew lightly and wasn't very cold. The room was rather large and appeared as advertised.

Room Tip: There was construction in one building so you might want to make sure you get a room on the other si...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PickyGirlTravels

Dear Alwayselegant,

I really dislike hearing that the air conditioning was not working properly. If you would have brought this to our attention, we would have moved you into a different room. No one wants to stay the night in a hot room. Please call me at 940-692-7900 next time you are in town. I would like another opportunity to gain your service.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Stayed here again - the common area carpets are very worn - really need to be replaced.

Had a week stay - unfortunately, the last 2 days - my room was skipped by the daily cleaning/maid service. They reduced my rate for those 2 days - but I would have preferred to have a clean room. I had reported this after the first day, yet...they skipped it again the next day as well.

Not sure I would stay again...probably better choices and more consistent customer service.

Room Tip: Make sure they clean your room!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Mr. Samjax,

Please allow us another chance to prove that your stay was not normal of our Lexington. I am happy to hear that your housekeeping issues handled, however that does not make up for a dirty room. Please call me at 940- 692-7900.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,

Reviewed 17 January 2012

No sleep! Can we get a refund? The manager and staff were nice and cordial. I usually don't complain but the noise was awful.

• Stayed: January 2012

I am extremely sorry to hear that you had issues with your refrigerator during your stay. We have tracked down the room your where in and replaced the refrigerator!

Please give us another chance to gain your loyalty. I would like to offer you a 40 percent discount when you book directly through me. Again, I am extremely sorry your stay was not as nice as your hoped.

Reviewed 21 December 2011

Called to confirm room booking and was politely told that it was ready and waiting

Arrived around 7pm and staff & families were having Christmas party - I walked in and said hello and said "I'd like to check in"

The front desk clerk literally jumped up and ran to the front desk, and checked me in - there was a cute small dog behind the desk.

I parked car and took bags up elevator - on way to room, same staff member had raced up the stairs to attend to some guests room - they are BIG on service here. She said "stairs are faster" - get the picture?

Value was good for money & breakfast was super duper - yes I love a good breakfast. No bacon or sausage tho - just biscuits and gravy - but it was super good. We also grabbed 3 english muffins for the road which the kitchen staff saw but did not comment on.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family