“Budget friendly & fast”

Prine's Barbecue
Ranked #60 of 240 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed February 17, 2018 via mobile

It’s not your traditional pile of ribs or brisket on a plate with sauce dumped on top. It’s quick and reasonably price food. Not your traditional sit down bbq like we’ve had all over Texas—and we’ve been to a lot of them.
Ordered a bologna sandwich with onions, because you don’t see it often. It was good. Not much of a sauce but the meat was moist. My husbands brisket sandwich was delicious. Again minimal sauce just meat. Priced at $5.50 it was a deal.
Saw the banana pudding, pimiento cheese, coleslaw and potato salad. They didn’t blow my socks off but I don’t order them usually anyway.
The smoker sits right outside the building. Great for take out. It’s a very little mini mart of sorts. Sells chips, pickled okra etc.
I’ll go for the brisket next time.

Reviewed October 19, 2017

We stopped because of the reviews and wished we hadn't. We ordered sliced brisket sandwiches and a side of sauce. The brisket and a ham were sitting out in open air. The meat could have been cooked another 1-2 hours, not as tender as we like it. And the sauce looks like pan drippings with water and cayenne added. More like a broth. Like my mother always said, "It's good if you like it."
The brisket flavor was ok, the portions generous, and the people were friendly. There was no place to sit, so if you're traveling, you have to eat in your car. We stopped on a Saturday at 5:25pm. The sign on the door said they close at 5:40pm. What?? Its a carry-out only, but they weren't busy at supper time. Should have been our first clue. Sorry, will not stop again.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

I've been away from Wichita Falls sixteen years, moved back over a year ago. On my way to my little business downtown, I caught a glimpse of Prines and almost stood my car on its nose. I had to have some, oh goodness, I had forgotten how succulent, flavorful and delicious this is!!!!

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

In the area working and decided to pick up some barbecue on my way to the hotel. Got the beef and double order of baked beans. The beef was dry, like the Mohave Desert Dry. The beans tasted like they had no salt or that normal sweet flavor barbecue beans have. They would have done better opening a can of Bush's BBQ beans and warming it in the microwave. I hope someone didn't spend much time making the beans because their time could have been somehow better spent. The barbecue sauce was deplete of flavor. I threw it away. Honestly I was concerned it might make me sick. Not sure how this joint got good reviews, don't trust them, they are very wrong!

Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

Driving through the area and wanted barbecue. We chose this place based on the reviews. So one of two things is obvious, either all of the owner's family and friends reviewed this place and gave it a good rating or all the people who gave it a good rating had their tastebuds removed. This was by far some of the worst food I have ever tasted. We both ordered the sliced beef, baked beans and coleslaw. The meat was dry like beef jerky, the beans were just gross and so was the coleslaw. The barbecue sauce looked homemade and tasted like colored water. Thank goodness we got two slices of white bread or we would have had nothing to eat. We wasted $22! Do yourself a favor drive right on by and get yourself a fake meat McDonald's hamburger because it will definitely taste better.