All reviews waffles new carpet easy access comfortable room sheppard afb definitely stay here again my son lq dennys accommodations texas
Reviewed August 12, 2018

We will not plan on staying at this hotel again. While we were pleased that they were pet friendly, it is a very old hotel that needs remodeling. The bathrooms were old, stained and appeared not to be clean, and the shower faucet leaked. We did not use the bathroom except as necessary. We did not have breakfast. We just wanted to leave and get on the road.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Carson G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Wichita Falls Event Center North, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Peggy,
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. We are an older property, so we may have some areas that have a little wear and tear and I apologize for that. I will make sure that room is evaluated and treated to be in the best condition we can provide. We'll be here if you need us in the future.

Reviewed August 10, 2018

They are charging on the higher end of budget hotels.however, they are on the lower end quality wise. All outdoor entry, rude staff, ignore requests. I could’ve paid half and gotten the same garbage service and quality.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Carson G, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Wichita Falls Event Center North, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

JooliaGhoulia,
Thank you for your comments and I appreciate the Wedding Singer reference. I apologize for not meeting your expectations. I will discuss this with my staff. Sorry about not meeting the requests, sometimes we are not able to meet requests when we don't have them available. Either way, we will look to be better in communicating that in the future.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2018

I gave this hotel an Excellent because of the value. It cost me a little under $60.00 per night, which included breakfast. The rooms were spotless and the bed was comfortable. The only negatives is that it is an old hotel and you have to go outside to the front office for breakfast, and there is not a lot of charging ports or electrical outlets to charge your electronics. However, Wifi is good and my room had new carpet. I know it was clean because I walked around with white socks on and my socks did not get dirty.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

William,
Thank you for your comments. I'm glad that we were able to meet your lodging expectations. As an older property, we are able to provide a high value experience for our guests that keep our rates rather low. You may have been in one of our recently carpeted rooms, as we have redone a couple of them the Summer season. Anyway, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

The rate is reasonable for the room but you will get what you pay for.

When we made the reservation we were told that this hotel (it's actually a Motel with outside room entry) was renovated in 2014. At first drive up, the portico was damaged by tall vehicles. This was obviously not new damage. We decide to take a chance and checked in.

For the rooms, it looks like the renovation was carpet, paint and drapes. Not much else. There was an annoying fly in the room that I chased with a towel for the first hour. There were adult beverages left in the refrigerator from the previous guest. (Thank you!) The clock was unplugged.

We received a knock on the door late afternoon and it was a maintenance guy that wanted to check the internet. (yeah, that was suspicious) We had been using the internet earlier and it worked well. After checking his ID, I let him in and he found some internet hardware unplugged. Really, your internet hardware is in a guest room? enough said.

We had a neighbor that wanted to be sure his noisy exhaust truck was well warmed up before he left. Late yesterday and again this morning. The trouble is that the truck was backed in so the noise and exhaust was going right to our room. I brought this to the attention of the desk clerks and showed them as it was happening. These Motel style rooms should not allow vehicles to be backed into the spaces that are close to the rooms.

Needless to say, this is the last time that we will stay at any LQ outside entry motels. We've had this problem before but just let it pass.

Besides all that, breakfast was decent and the staff was nice, as always at LQ. Again, if this stuff doesn't bother you, it will be a good stay at a decent rate.

Room Tip: Be aware of vehicles back into parking spaces on lower floor. (exhaust, noise)
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Glenrms,
Thank you for your feedback. As an older property, we understand that this does not meet some of our guests' expectations, however we believe our rates reflect that. As for the internet, you have to keep in mind that when hotels were built in the 1970's, internet routers were not something that was considered in buildings like modern buildings are, which can lead to situations that we experience here. Some of our guests do unplug our routers, so we are trying to keep the system working at an optimal rate, and I am sorry for the maintenance call during your stay. Anyway, I'm glad that the staff was able to provide you with nice service, but I do understand the issues of the exterior property. Wichita Falls does have a very new La Quinta that may be what you are looking for next time. Either way, we'll be here if you need us.