“Hometown Disappointment”

Add it.
Papa's Place Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I live near Winnie and was really excited when Papa's Place opened. Not so much anymore. I have never had good service there and my food has always been undercooked or the wrong thing altogether. This place has a lot of potential, but in order to reach that potential they need to hire people who actually care about the customer.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We ordered all you can eat crawfish for two, which tasted good but were overcooked. We struggled with them only able to get the tail out in one piece with about 1 or 2 out of every 10. We also was unable to drink the draft beer brought to us due to it being flat and tasting terrible. I was willing to pay for what we ate and all of the pitcher (which we did not drink). After eating only about four pounds between the two of us I told the waitress that we would pay for what we'd eaten but did not want anymore. I explained that the crawfish cannot be peeled in a way that permits the tail to come out in one piece. She went and got the manager who was a lady in a tank top, shorts and a bandana on her head (Really??????? This is how a manager of a restaurant dresses). When we explained the issue with the crawfish she reached into my platter, picked one up and shelled it perfectly, held if in front of my face, looked at me like I was stupid and then threw it back into my platter. (my wife later told me she seen her in the restroom and had left the restroom in front of her without washing her hands). So here's my review in full... restaurant was full of flies, beer was flat, manager uses bathroom without washing her hands then comes and puts her hands in my platter, manager rude and unprofessional. The damage for about 2 pounds of crawfish each, a few sips of flat beer was $37.00. We had a great experience at this place back in 2010 and was looking forward to another. But NEVER going back here again.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

we ate dinner there last thursday night, 1/26. cute restaurant... we ordered two different entrees -- cheese pizza (excellent) and brisket plate with salad and baked potato.

Wish that the bbq sauce was warm....but they put it on the meat "cold"

Service wasn't that great and it wasn't even crowded.

Very reasonable prices.

We might go back 'cause of the food but maybe not 'cause of the service.

Reviewed December 4, 2011

WE dined with a group of friends here.First thing we noticed they are inconsistent.We are all vendors at Larry's Old Time Trade Days in Winnie and were told we either get a discount of 5% off meal or free appetizer. You never knew which.This trip they didn't give any deal and didnt care to be bothered about it..One friend got the catfish and it was cold.I asked for the etoufee chicken meal and was told they were out of it, as well as several other things on the menu..(why have it on the menu if you dont offer it?) Asked several times to turn off fans in our area but they never did.We all had coats on and they still didnt. Wait staff was not attentive and seemed distracted. Manager didnt want to be bothered either.. I thought the prices for many of the dishes was way overpriced.I try not to be picky but cold food that should be hot and running out of things is just plain a bad experience..Oh this is not the first time here eating, but it definately was the last straw..