Review Highlights
Fantastic!

I've taken several of Jared's courses and they are all fantastic. I would highly recommend for... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
Andrew S
Great Canyoneering experience.

I had an" awesome experience" with NWO. J. Hillhouse is a walking encyclopedia of information... read more

Reviewed 5 days ago
mesascott4
Denver CO

All reviews advanced class canyoneering experience learn how training course practice skills skill level slot canyon excellent training feel confident meal plan learning how real world guided trip own pace rescue rappelling crew
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2021

The level of skill and expertise that the instructor, Jared, has is incredible. And the pacing of the course was excellent. I wanted to be able to try the skills and techniques we discussed - and I got it. Plus, Jared revealed the solution to a couple of issues I had wondered about in the course of the ... um course.
This is advanced instruction for rescue situations at height. This is not a place for beginners or students who are lacking the basic fundamentals. Having said that, my favorite part was the hands on approach to the rescues that we did, coupled with the basic principles we learned in the first half day, but put through all variations to really find their uses.

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed March 25, 2021

An incredible experience with exceptional instructors. They'll get you set to safely start your canyoneering adventures!

Date of experience: March 2021
NorthWashOutfitters, Owner at North Wash Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2021

It was great having you join us Brent - Looking forward to having you return for the next stage in training. See you in a few weeks :)

Reviewed March 22, 2021

Starting with the guides/staff every one was super friendly, and knowledgeable.

The course itself was awesome you pretty much are set to do the easier canyons on your own. And on the last day we did an amazing canyon that took us around 6-8hrs pretty intimidating didn’t feel like a beginner canyon which is way more than what I expected.

I strongly recommend getting the meal plan, the food was top! I ate better at camp than what I would eat at home, it was delicious. But warning you might have to go on a diet afterwards 😅

Date of experience: March 2021

LOL! We love to eat, and yes, we try to eat good. I probably eat way better at camp as well than at home. One of the perks of camping :)
Glad you had a fantastic time. We hope you will take the techniques and training and get out and explore the wonderful canyons there are to explore.

Reviewed October 25, 2020

I took a three day canyoneering course with Jared and his team. It was super valuable and informative. The instructors are patient and very well informed. If you want to learn to canyoneer safely and have a blast, these courses are worth every penny.

Date of experience: October 2020

Kate, Thanks for taking the course. Looking forward to running into you and the crew in the canyons in the future.

Reviewed October 25, 2020

I had a great experience with Jared and his team! I am SO GLAD I took this course. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge of Canyoneering with him again in the advanced course!

Date of experience: October 2020

Thanks for joining us for the class Misty. We had a lot of fun with the entire group and it was an amazing few days getting to know you all and watching you advance in your canyoneering skills. Looking forward to meeting up with you all for some fun canyon excursions in the future.