Review Highlights
Fantastic!

I've taken several of Jared's courses and they are all fantastic. I would highly recommend for... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Andrew S
Great Canyoneering experience.

I had an" awesome experience" with NWO. J. Hillhouse is a walking encyclopedia of information... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
mesascott4
Denver CO

All reviews advanced class canyoneering experience learn how training course practice skills skill level slot canyon excellent training feel confident meal plan learning how real world guided trip own pace rescue rappelling crew
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2022

I've been in slot canyons for years and figured it was time to take a class, as I knew enough to be dangerous, and wanted to learn how to do things right. I took the basic technical canyoneering class with Jared and his crew and wow, I learned so much! They were able to adapt the class to meet the needs of all in the class regardless of experience level. A good emphasis on safety and learning how to mitigate risks with key canyoneering skills. Lots of hands on time practicing the techniques and getting one on one attention with the instructors. This is the kind or crew you'd trust your family with.

Date of experience: March 2022
Reviewed March 20, 2022

By far the most amazing and educational class I have ever taken. I've been canyoneering for years and have beens mostly self taught and taught by my father in law. After taking the class I learned so many things and how to do so many things better. I highly recommend taking the classes no matter your skill level from never even seen a canyon to going canyoneering every week. I guarantee that you will learn something new!!

Date of experience: March 2022
Reviewed October 8, 2021

I spent several years learning technical rope rescue in Search and Rescue. I was interesting in learning more about canyoneering after leaving SAR. I had some gear and was trying to decide whether to put it to use or sell it. This is a very safety oriented canyoneering course. I felt safe rappelling in the canyons even though I have a fear of heights, after spending a couple of days learning with this group of instructors. Everything is geared towards safety and accident prevention. If you want to learn how to canyoneer the safe way, you need to sign up for a course with North Wash! Thanks Jared, Tammy, Jeff and Lisa for an incredible experience!

Date of experience: October 2021
Reviewed May 30, 2021

Great course! Jared is a very knowledgeable instructor and provides practical knowledge that is easily applied in the canyons. The other instructors helping teach the course were very friendly and helpful as well. One thing to consider is that although the website states that the course covers skills and techniques to run canyons through 4C rating, we did not really discuss or practice skills related to canyons with flowing water. This is not a criticism of the course as it is not practical given where this course is held in North Wash. Would highly recommend this course to those looking to expand their skill set for more advanced canyons!

Date of experience: May 2021
Reviewed May 12, 2021

The level of skill and expertise that the instructor, Jared, has is incredible. And the pacing of the course was excellent. I wanted to be able to try the skills and techniques we discussed - and I got it. Plus, Jared revealed the solution to a couple of issues I had wondered about in the course of the ... um course.
This is advanced instruction for rescue situations at height. This is not a place for beginners or students who are lacking the basic fundamentals. Having said that, my favorite part was the hands on approach to the rescues that we did, coupled with the basic principles we learned in the first half day, but put through all variations to really find their uses.

Date of experience: May 2021