Review Highlights
Best time ever!

Our guide, Matt, was absolutely amazing. He had so much expertise, a great sense of humor, and we... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Cindy R
Most Epic day ever

My son (11), my daughter (16), and myself had the "most epic day ever"! Matt,and his son Spencer... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
mauram872

All reviews advanced class canyoneering experience learn how training course practice skills skill level slot canyon excellent training feel confident meal plan learning how real world guided trip own pace rescue rappelling crew
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2022

This course exceeded my expectations in that I learned more than I had imagined I would. The structure was perfect and the instructors were knowledgeable and eager to help. We also had the added benefit of having a good group of students so it was fun as well as educational. I definitely recommend North Wash Outfitters if you're looking to learn canyoneering skills.

Date of experience: May 2022
Reviewed May 9, 2022

I think this is an excellent course for those, like myself, who are interested in learning about canyoneering and how to do it safely. The three day format (one day classroom, one day skills building and one day exploring canyons) provides a solid foundation for students to venture be able to out on their own with confidence. Jared and his team excel at sharing their passion for the sport, attention to safety, and creating a fun learning experience. Can't recommend highly enough.

Reviewed May 3, 2022

I recently took the Basic Technical Canyoneering Course in Moab with North Wash Outfitters (NWO). It was EXCELLENT!

I had previously taken a canyoneering course from another organization and did not feel it met my expectations or needs. NWO taught me the basics I really felt I needed to have more confidence and success safelty navigating benginner canyons . They focused on risk mitigation, warned us of over-confidence, and kept my humility about this dangerous recreational activity. We spent one day in class discussing many of the risks and what we might do about minimizing these risks. This was all prior to getting out on the practice wall or canyons.

I would recommend this course for anyone who is interested in learning more about canyoneering and learning the basic skills needed to participate in this sport.

Reviewed April 29, 2022

We took the Technical Course which was great for beginners! Jarred and his crew was exceptional explaining safety, gear, techniques, and an overall understanding of canyoneering for us newbies. The three-day course was perfectly paced and was well worth our money. I would highly recommend this course to anyone that is either new or anyone wanting to learn how to safely canyoneer.

The first day was a full day in class learning anchors, gear, how to find canyons, how to know the skill level needed, how to set up harness, etc.

The second day was a full day on the wall near Moab where we probably rappel 50 times. We learned how to set up the webbing, how to decend, how to save someone that is stuck on the wall, how to acend, and how to lock in place.

On the third day, we drove down to North Wash and put our skills to the test. We explored two canyons with a lunch break in between.

This was such an amazing experience and I am so glad I did this. Thank you, Jared, Tammy, Jeff, and Lisa for an amazing time.

Reviewed April 20, 2022

We participated in the Basic Technical Canyoneering Course from North Wash in April 2022 in the North Wash. While we did have some basic knowledge, we did not have any experience and wanted to learn how to descend a canyon safely.

The guides are outstanding, patient, knowledgeable, and experienced. The course gave us training to feel comfortable descending canyons rated up to 3B.

I am sure there are other companies providing similar training courses, but the North Wash team not only teaches what to do, but also how to evaluate and solve problems in-canyon to descend safely.

While North Wash does offer guided tours, the course we took is not, it is a training course to learn how to descend canyons without a hired guide.

Overall, we were very pleased with our experience and highly recommend North Wash.