Review Highlights
Fantastic!

I've taken several of Jared's courses and they are all fantastic. I would highly recommend for... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
Andrew S
Great Canyoneering experience.

I had an" awesome experience" with NWO. J. Hillhouse is a walking encyclopedia of information... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
mesascott4
Denver CO

All reviews advanced class canyoneering experience learn how training course practice skills skill level slot canyon excellent training feel confident meal plan learning how real world guided trip own pace rescue rappelling crew
Selected filters
Reviewed August 27, 2023 via mobile

Jared/North Wash we’re exceptional. He was super safety conscious, excellent at communicating before the trip, and knowledgeable during our slow canyon rappel. Neither of us had any idea how to rappel before, but he taught us easily and quickly, and both of us felt comfortable doing so. Blarney Canyon was really beautiful and a good challenge. We really felt like the time he spent with us was worth it. We would definitely recommend Jared!

Date of experience: August 2023
NorthWashOutfitters, Owner at North Wash Outfitters, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for joining us for the trip.

Reviewed May 19, 2023

The North Wash Outfitters crew is the best! There are ways of playing outside that can be incredibly rewarding and also terrifying. I have taken a few canyoneering courses with North Wash Outfitters because I want to be as prepared and as skilled as possible for exploring canyons. In both courses, I was taught practical and best practice skills for adventuring in the most responsible ways to respect the land and to reduce the inherent risks of canyoneering. Also in both courses, fears came up for me that were respected and guided with kindness and patience from the instructors. I have come away with skills and confidence that I didn’t have before and I am better for it.

Thank you North Wash Outfitters!

Reviewed May 16, 2023

I recently took the advanced canyoneering course through North Wash Outfitters. I was a little hesitant as I have been canyoneering for 15 years. I thought that with my experience and rope rescue background, it might be a waste of my time. I was wrong. The class was awesome! I learned a lot. Plenty of hands on training, followed by real world, in canyon, applications. The instructors were knowledgeable and committed to safety and teaching best practices. The instruction was superb, the food was great, and the whole experience was top notch. I would highly recommend this course to anyone trying to step up their canyoneering game.

Reviewed May 8, 2023

The Self & Partner Rescue class with North Wash Outfitters was my third class. I was hesitant going into the class in that I may not have the skills or abilities to put the methods taught to practice. I was immediately surprised how much I was able to accomplish after the excellent training by the entire team! I am already considering retaking the course in the future to fine tune those skills even further. I highly recommend any of their courses, whether beginner or advanced canyoneer!

Reviewed April 26, 2023

I took North Wash Outfitter's 3 day technical canyoneering course a couple of weeks ago and it was worth every penny. All of the leaders were professional and also very approachable - they answered all of our questions and we had great discussions. I was very nervous about repelling at the start of Day 2, but by the end of Day 2 I was pretty dang comfortable with it. But apparently my strength is ascending, you'll learn about that too! It was so awesome to actually go down a technical canyon with these folks and apply the techniques we talked about (and then some). I'm excited to use the skills I learned and now feel more confident exploring the many amazing canyons in Utah and beyond.

I wouldn't hesitate to sign up for another course or guided trip with North Wash Outfitters.

Date of experience: April 2023