“Excellent guided adventure!!!!!”

Wild Expeditions
Ranked #1 of 10 things to do in Bluff
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Wild Rivers Expeditions is one of the oldest rafting companies in North America. Come join us for a once in a lifetime trip on the San Juan River. Great for all ages and physical abilities. Enjoy rafting through a beautiful canyon and short hikes to Native American Ruins and Rock Art Panels. We are the only local rafting outfitter on the San Juan and can take care of all your needs from shuttles and rentals to fully outfitted guided expeditions. Half day, Full Day and Multi-day expeditions available.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had an excellent time hiking leprechaun canyon! The guides we're extremely knowledgeable and encouraging. Lunch was included too! They did a great job explaining how to get through each hard point! Super grateful for them and our awesome experience! We will be returning! If your looking for an awesome guided adventure look no more!Such a great experience!

1  Thank Banana427
"native american culture"
"flora and fauna"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed April 1, 2018

Great tour in beatiful scenery with very nice staff.
They try to personalise each tour in which they succeed perfectly.
Would love to do this again.

Reviewed January 8, 2018

We have done several river float trips over the years, both on our own and professionally guided, whitewater and scenic ( this trip was definitely in the scenic category). The local Navaho guide that took us down the river was very professional and went out of his way to be informative and make the trip enjoyable. He was skilled at navigating the raft and provided with lots of humorous historical anecdotes and legends, information on the flora and fauna, as well as local customs and culture, and interpretations on the Navaho and Hopi (and older) petroglyphs and ruins.He also gave us an insight into what it was like for him growing up in the Bluff area. We felt like friends by the end of the day. Lots of great scenery and beautiful archeological sites to look at. Overall it was a great day and we would recommend it for a day float for a couple or a family or even a larger group. Make sure you tip the guides generously, they work hard, make your safety a priority, and they are not paid very much for what they do.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank mcboing48
Reviewed October 23, 2017

Wild River Expeditions and Four Corners Adventures are sister companies, the first out of Bluff, Utah and the second based out of the tiny town of Blanding, 30 minutes further north. I contacted Wild River Expeditions hoping to do a three-day San Juan river trip with my 18 year old son during his fall break this year. We were limited to one certain date we needed to start the trip. Fortunately (notice I didn't say unfortunately) the BLM, which issues river permits, wouldn't give us one for the date we needed. So Dallin put together a truly marvelous 3 day custom trip for us. We spent one day on the river, one day hiking on Cedar Mesa to the Citadel, and one day in an RZR navigating through canyons on what appeared to be impassable "roads." I had canoed the Upper San Juan before, and wanted my son to have the experience of the river. But being just the two of us I wanted a guide. The only thing I didn't like about the river experience is that, since I am accustomed to moving under my own power, I found a full day of riding a raft on the relatively calm San Juan to be a little too much sitting. If we had been able to do the three day trip, they would have brought inflatable kayaks and we could have paddled the river with the raft for back-up support. But my son loved it anyway. The river guide did take us on a couple of short hikes. If you have never seen petroglyphs or especially like them, the Butler Wash panel seen on a short hike from the river is a must. There are also ruins to see. As to the hiking day, I can't say enough about how wonderful the guide was. He helped this 57 year old, out-of-shape body comfortably take on climbing challenges she hasn't in years. The hike was my son's favorite part of the trip. Because the guide took us so far off the beaten path, we had a peaceful, soul-nourishing experience. On the third day I surprised myself by liking the RZR day the best! I had never done anything like it. The RZR is a small, open jeep-type vehicle, with a 4-cylinder engine with a lot of torque. We traveled deep into Arches Canyon, climbed over rocks through river beds and washes, saw lots of ruins, deer, and even a saw a bear! We also did a more extreme climb that felt like climbing a cliff. My son was able to drive the RZR on the way back down the trail. He had a blast. By the end of the day my face was sore from smiling so much! On top of that, we had good healthy lunches and snacks provided to us. All of our guides were wonderful. Tips for the guides are suggested.

1  Thank SuitcaseSally