“Great place to stay but use the other hotel facilities...” 3 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Cedar Breaks Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Brian Head
Farnham
“Great place to stay but use the other hotel facilities...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2012

This hotel was good value for money as it's half the price of the grand lodge opposite with very similar facilities. Great room with a fireplace which is a lovely touch. The staff in the dining room were excellent as was the breakfast. The reception staff were outstanding except one lady who was so rude to everyone about everything it was actually quite funny and unbelievable! It was a shame the swimming pool heater was broken for the whole time we were there so swimming not possible. It was also a massive drawback for us with a child that no under 21's are allowed in the bar area. What I would recommend is staying at here and using the dining room and bar at the grand lodge as they are much better but the rooms here are very nice and clean and much cheaper. It is very convenient for the slopes as you can walk. I would stay here again if they get the pool fixed.

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Gemma B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

We travel to Brianhead at least once a year and usually stay in one of the surrounding condos. However, we usually eat at least one meal at the cafe in the lodge. it's always been average but last week will be the last time we ever eat there! The wait was a hassle, but understandable since it was a holiday period. The lousy food has no excuse! My tomato, basil pannini was basically a stale hot dog bun with a slab of severely under-ripe tomato and cold mozzarella. It was absolutely disgusting. Two of the kids ordered ravioli alfredo. The ravioli was bland and tasteless and the alfredo sauce tasted like someone had mixed up some milk with flour. There was also at least three errors in the meals brought to the table. Horrible experience.

We have stayed there many years ago and the pool area is quite nice. I don't think it's such a bad place to lodge - just don't eat there!!

Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank momof3inrb
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

The hotel was very nice and in the perfect location to ski/snowboard at Brian Head Resort. The staff was very nice and checked twice during our week stay to make sure everything was satisfactory/ We stayed in a one bedroom which slept six. The bedroom had 2 queen beds and the living room had a large sleeper sofa. There was five of us, 3 kids, 2 adults but surprisingly we never ran into problems with two people needing the bathroom at the same time... although 2 bathrooms would have been nicer. The beds were so comfortable it was hard to get out of bed in the morning. The pillows were very firm which is not to our liking but luckily I brought my own pillow. My husband took one of the softer pillows from the ones for the sofa bed. If he had asked housekeeping for one I'm sure they would have given him one.

We mostly cooked in the room to save money but also there are very few restaurants in the town. The kitchen had everything we needed but it was quite small. The dishwasher leaked on the fourth day but maintenance came right away and fixed it.

There were two great fireplaces that really heat the room but be warned that it gets too warm to sleep. The altitude is very high and the air is thin. Our noses were dry and sore and we were all blowing them constantly due to the altitude. I wished I had a vaporizer or saline spray or something to make my nose feel better. Sleeping at night was difficult but due to the dry air not the beds! One day we took a trip down to Cedar City and went to the WalMart where I got some Nyquil which made sleeping much easier and I am not a person who takes medicines hardly ever but I was desperate!

There is an indoor pool which many people used. The kids went in several times. The jacuzzi was nice but a bit hot. It kinda hurt getting in at first! The steam room was amazing and made my nose feel so much better! The only bad part was having to walk outside to get back to our building. The cold dry air took away all the good that the steam did. The sauna was so nice and warm and relaxing after a long day on the slopes. There is a game room downstairs which is not well marked. There is ping pong, a pool table and foosball and a few video games. We didn't find it until the third or fourth day.

Skiing was amazing! My kids snowboarded while my husband and I skiied. the snow conditions there are supposed to be some of the greatest in the nation. We rented some equipment at Brian Head Sports and they were great! Much more reasonable than at the ski resort. We planned on snow mobiling at Thunder Mountain Sports which is very close to Cedar Breaks Lodge but the timing never worked out and the one day that it did it was way too cold for me! It was 2 degrees and windy and snowing and I just couldn't take that much cold! I am a Southern California girl!! But I really wish I had gone! It would have been so much fun!

Room Tip: There are three buildings. Next time I would prefer a room in the main building so we won't hav...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank HealthyChicka
Yucaipa, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2011

Planning a trip to Brian Head Ski Resort? You've got to check out this place when
you are there! Their prices are very reasonable and the accommodations are top notch!
They are very close to both lifts and offer a free shuttle if you don't feel like driving!
They have a large pool and two hot tubs and one wet sauna to relax in after a day of
skiing! We have stayed there every year for the past seven years and have gotten
a fantastic, well equipped room each time! They have all kinds of ski packages which include lift tickets which make your stay even more affordable! We would never stay anywhere else!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank 24Gail888
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

Arriving from Las Vegas and into Brian Head was pretty simple, although there had just been a snowfall on that very day. The Cedar Breaks Resort was quite easy to find. The reason I chose this place is because US Customs wanted to have an mandatory street address in the States, so I picked this one out of the blue. It looked like a decent distance from Vegas as far as driving goes, with one stop at the Valley of Fire along the way. Beautiful place.
It looked like a very quiet Saturday night at the resort (just before the ski season started). There were about 3 or four other vehicles parked in the lot underneath (free parking!). The front desk staff was very well informed and knowledgeable and Stephanie was very nice. She explained all of their services, but we were too tired to indulge in some of them. All we wanted to do was grab a bite and hit the sack, as we’d been up for 21 hours. We had a snack at the restaurant. Dani was more than welcoming and took care of us, but then again, we were the only 2 clients eating in the restaurant. The food was good, but I wasn’t very hungry.
Our room was elegant. It featured a small equipped kitchenette (they didn’t have the cleanest drinking glasses but then again, I don’t know if that is the hotel’s responsibility)). Flat screen TV mounted over the fireplace (it was way too hot in the room – even if there was snow outside). Conveniently enough, there was a giant fan in the room (apart from the ceiling fan) that I turned on at night as I was extremely warm in my bed. I had a huge headache, but that was due to altitude sickness. Word of warning, if you are sensitive to altitude and its symptoms drink lots of water. That’s what the staff told us to do, but the headache still remained and so did the loss of appetite.
After a horrible night’s sleep and waking up really early the following morning (that was just me, it had nothing to do with the very comfortable bed), I decided to try the jet tub. It took about 10 minutes wasting full force running water in the tub to get any hot water out (that’s how I figured out that the hotel was not very busy). Eventually, the hot water arrived and I was able to fill up the tub. The soaps and amenities are chosen with care and smell great. It took me about 10 minutes to look for the button to start the jet tub and in the meantime perceived a sign on the wall that said “out of respect for the neigboring clients, please do not use the tub between 10pm and 8am”. It was 7 a.m. Dang! I’m sure I could have used it since there weren’t THAT many clients….
So I ended up taking a simple bath instead, and prepared for breakfast (not included). We were only 2 people at breakfast and our waitress from North Carolina (sorry, I forgot her name!) was the sweetest thing and since it was relatively quiet, she had plenty of time to talk to us.
Breakfast was delicious; as was the service, a great start to long drive in the snow towards Bryce Canyon.
I recommend this hotel as it is in an enchanting décor, it’s very quiet and quite comfortable. I did not use the pool, although I would have loved to, but we had limited time to enjoy everything. The gift shop has some pretty practical things and nice souvenirs as well.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Vox-trotter
Huntsville, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

Our king villa was cozy and warm to the very last detail! The well equipped kitchenette supplied all the comforts of home.....including wine glasses! With a flick of the switch we were warmed by the cozy gas fireplace! All the details including the bedding, bath towels and furnishings were top notch!

Room Tip: Our king villa was very nice.....not sure of other options
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ogdenvalleygal
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2011

This is a great resort. The rooms are very well equipped, new and modern. I love the pool and jacuzzi area with the fire places and the glasses in atrium effect is awesome. I saw deer right outside the window. There is a private club with dining and a lounge. There is a shuttle to the lifts. I would never stay anywhere else in Brian Head!

Room Tip: Great views of mountains!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
20.9 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City
21.0 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Cedar City

Been to Cedar Breaks Lodge? Share your experiences!