All reviews big cottonwood canyon outdoor deck silver fork turkey sandwich ski area beautiful landscape trout solitude slc tub
Reviewed November 30, 2015 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places to eat in the entire Salt Lake City area. We've been going regularly for over 10 years. The mountain ambiance is perfectly rustic. The restaurant is a small comfortable area with an excellent view and has a warm wood burning fireplace. Whether you go in winter or in summer the views are magnificent. If you're chilly either inside the restaurant or dining out on the patio, you can ask for a blanket to keep you warm. My favorite entrée is the canyon pepper steak. My husband's favorite meal is the meatloaf. They have an excellent selection of wines. Something to note: they don't take reservations and it's a popular, small restaurant. You can lodge here also, but I've never done that.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WasatchFamily
Reviewed November 28, 2015

My wife and I decided to have a short day of skiing at Solitude and return home for some Saturday football. On our way down Big Cottonwood Canyon we said, why not, let's stop for a bite to eat. We had driven by Silver Fork Lodge several times but this was our first experience inside. Well, we now feel that we have "discovered" a quaint place worthy of praise. Founded in 1943, The Silver Fork Lodge has something to offer most everyone. Excellent food, great atmosphere, and friendly staff.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed October 14, 2015

My husband and I booked an overnight stay and also had dinner at the restaurant. I'll start with the restaurant quality, which is definitely the positive half of my review. The atmosphere is cozy and the food is good. My husband enjoyed his ribs very much, and my spinach salad was tasty. The staff is friendly. So I would give the restaurant a three or four. I'm trying to be fair here, because of what I have to say next.

I give zero stars to the lodgings. Less than zero. The quality of our room was a true disappointment. When we pulled the sheets back on the bed we found human hair, multiple flecks of unidentified brown . . . stuff . . . and stains from previous use. Yes, "that" kind of stain. The bottom sheet had about a 2x2 tear about 3/4 of the way down.

We told the night manager (but maybe he was just the head waiter--it was after hours) about our experience and that we would not be staying the night. We live just an hour away, so we had that option, thank goodness. He was very apologetic and told us he would personally make sure we got a full refund to our credit card. Everyone was embarrassed by the situation and we did not want to make a big, loud fuss, so we just left quietly with the ringing of his assurances in our ears. I've checked my credit card account for ten days now. Did we ever actually get the refund? No.

Never going back.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Silver Fork Lod... R, Owner at Silver Fork Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2015

First of all I want to apologize. I don’t know how a mistake like that could have happened. We take room cleanliness very seriously.

I saw your equally bad review on another site. It took me a little bit of time to figure out what reservation this was because my manager didn’t document the problem properly. After researching your reservation it looks like you wanted to cancel the original reservation and we didn’t refund you, per our cancellation policy, so you decided to use the room anyway.

As soon as we figured out which reservation this was referring to we refunded your stay immediately. We will also refund your dinner if you would give us a call and provide a little more information. I’ve also sent you by mail a gift card in the amount of your stay. I hope you will use it to come back and dine with us again.

Please feel free to contact me directly with any additional comments.

Dan Knopp
Owner
Silver Fork Lodge & Restaurant

Reviewed October 4, 2015

Delicious breakfast and a nice location. If you make the drive through Big Cottonwood Canyon, stop here for a wonderful meal! We went on a fall Sunday and it was packed, but it didn't take as long for a table as they said it might be (30 minutes and we were seated in 20). It truly was the best corned beef hash I have ever had in a restaurant!!

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed August 4, 2015 via mobile

If you stop by, ask to sit outside - awesome view from the deck.

Unexpectedly classy food and a decent selection of beers and spirits made for a dining experience to bring me back next time I'm in the area. Very nice!

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends