4,712 results
All reviews double sinks ruby's inn national park breakfast buffet nice hotel best westerns yogurt rooms are large laundry room the breakfast area general store nice room outdoor pool hot tub would definitely stay here again short drive beds were comfortable
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2019 via mobile

Great location and a nice, clean room. A very large hotel which caused large queues at breakfast, so you have to time it right.
Just to clear up the confusion about gluten-free bread - I asked for some and they do have it!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2019

When we finally got into our room it had an absolutely terrible perfume chemical smell. I called down and they said they would send up an ion machine but we had to be out of the room for an hour. They didn’t even hesitate so I’m guessing this is not an isolated incident. We could not open the window more than an inch to get air because there was a metal piece stopping it. When we asked to have the piece removed, we were told it was a Utah safety law to keep people from jumping out. First of all, we’ve been in several hotels in utah so far and this is the first that restricted the window opening. And if people want to jump from something in Utah there are plenty of peaks.
The air conditioning did not work very well. Nor did the fridge.
Breakfast buffet was very good. Lots of choices, including soy milk and gluten free for people who need this. And very good coffee.
Also they do not recycle anything anywhere in town. Not a plus in my book.
Since everything here is called Ruby something I decided to read about this town. Reuben (Ruby) Syrett homesteaded the land here (160acres) and now his family and neighbors (all 137 as of 2007) live on land he owns And all except for children, work for him/his family. His family worked in the mills in Panguitch and in 1916 he decided providing rooms and food for people who wanted to see Bryce was better. So he started a guest house, restaurant, etc. Back when the state wanted to build a road to the only entrance in Bryce he donated the land so that he owns the only land and business on the road leading into Bryce. His grandson is now the mayor and his relatives basically run the town.
I write this to tell you that the people in the hotel did not seem to care what we thought about the place. They own the town. When we checked in, for example, it seems that I signed something authorizing them add $1 a day to my bill as a donation to the park. I did remember the clerk saying, initial here, here and here and sign here. My mistake was not reading the paper. I would have donated to the park (we did it every place else) but here I felt I was not asked. Also when I got my bill it was about $10 higher than on my reservation. When I questioned it they at first argued with me that that was the price. My husband went down to the desk and showed them the email and that is when they told us that the tax had gone up to 10%. When I heard the couple next to us arguing about the same thing I suggested that they should suggest to Best Western that a batch email to people who had reservations would have been free and customer friendly. I was told “We’re not Best Western. We only use their name.”
On the plus size, for dinner we went across the road to Ruby’s restaurant and had delicious local trout dinner. The next day we had their buffet for a late lunch. Also good. The building is also another hotel by Ruby, and a General store with a small supermarket and a small camping store, and a huge souvenir store and art store. Oh, and clothing. And I’m sure we missed something.

1  Thank GMRJCD
Reviewed August 17, 2019 via mobile

The room was clean and fine. We did get a chuckle about the pool; they have top notch marketing team because we were expecting much larger beautiful pool area. We could not even use the pool and there were not enough chair for the guests.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2019 via mobile

Excellent position just outside the Park, the shuttle stops right in front, opposite the restaurant. Big rooms spotless clean, fully provided with complimentary comforts. Buffet breakfast. Pool with hot tub too, only few deckchairs. A very pleasant place to recover your strenghts after a long day in the Park.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank kikkamosca
Reviewed August 13, 2019

The hotel is grand. Lobby and dining room look impressive. During our visit, the hotel was full with European families. Room was spacious & clean with enough amenities that were in good working order. Coffee & apples were available in the lobby but not tea.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends