“BARBEQUE OR MEXICAN SPECIALTY”
Review of Papa Gus

Papa Gus
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Reviewed March 22, 2017

Their barbeque sandwiches are just great as well as their Mexican dishes. Clean, great atmosphere with really nice Southwestern touches by artist Jerry Andersen. Prices are reasonable and a nice place to relax. Nice clean bathrooms too.

Reviewed March 11, 2017

We found a little slice of paradise here in Leeds, UT on the way to St. George. The barbeque ribs, brisket, and pulled pork are to die for! Staff are very friendly and like family. Good menu also if you aren't into barbeque - to include authentic mexican food and many sandwiches such as our favorite pastrami and excellent reuben! Very clean and well decorated. We will surely be back whenever possible! Check it out if you are near St. George.

Reviewed March 1, 2017

Went there mid week for lunch. Was looking forward to having BBQ ribs and they were out. Very disappointed. Had a BBQ pork sandwich and it was good. Could have used a little more meat and the potato bun was good. My husband had the brisket sandwich and did not like it. Said it was too greasy and tasteless. But we both really liked the onion rings! Might go back sometime to try the ribs, but I will call first.

Reviewed October 30, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I order the ribs and brisket. The ribs were perhaps the best I've had. Amazing smoky crust fall of the bones good. The brisket was good but I don't think I'd get it again only because they cut it wrong so you get huge pieces of fat. Learn to cut your brisket and I'll have it all day, but until then I'll pass. Had onion rings which were fried perfectly, the batter just needs something more, was a touch flat. The staff was very accommodating with great service. We'll be back for the ribs.

Reviewed October 15, 2016

Wonderful barbecued ribs! And great ice cream for 50 cents a scoop! Very friendly and accommodating too.

Been to Papa Gus? Share your experiences!