“Great BBQ”

Papa Gus
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Leeds
Price range: US$3 - US$21
Reviewed June 13, 2017 via mobile

We tried PaPa Gus for first time. We wanted ribs but they had sold out for the day and it was only 4:30. We selected the 2 meat combo with pulled port and brisket. The BBQ was really good. Great smoke without the overdone smoke taste. Crispy edges of pork was the best. Brisket was tender and juicy. I want to go back for ribs. If they are anything like the pork it will be a real winner. My only negative is that the sides need help. Cole slaw was OK but the fries were only fair. Not many served and only barely warm. We will be back.

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

We had been staying in Leeds to visit Zion National Park as this was as close as we could get with everything being booked up. It's a shame we found Papa Gus our last day as we would have been here more often. I had authentic street tacos and the wife had a pulled pork sandwich. The onion rings were great as well. The door said breakfast lunch and dinner. If in the area we will be back.

Reviewed May 4, 2017 via mobile

Menu listed Ruben Sandwich, I asked to switch the Pastrami for Turkey, no problem, was delicious, fries perfectly cooked, endless lemonade.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

My wife and I heard of this restaurant reopening under a new owner and name. We stopped by coming from Saint George, Utah, took a look, smelled the aromas and decided to share a sandwich. Not only was the service by Debbie excellent, but the sandwich we ordered was outstanding. The French Fries are fresh cut and we looked at their complete menu covering Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. They B.B.Q. All their meats on an outside huge smoker. I would highly recommend anyone stopping in to try their delicious meals.

Reviewed March 24, 2017 via mobile

Brisket, pulled pork, and fries were awesome! Best barbecue in Utah. The restaurant was a little out of the way but worth the drive from our stay in St. George.

Been to Papa Gus? Share your experiences!