“Old fashioned hospitality”
Review of The Snuggle Inn

The Snuggle Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Loa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Absolutely a breath of fresh air in the lodging industry! I loved the "old fashioned" feel of the hotel. I would absolutely stay here again and again and again. The rooms were simple but adequate and clean. The hotel has a beautiful grand entryway. Great place to stay! Not a night at the Ritz, but absolutely a nice little hotel that I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Request bottom floor if you can't go up stairs
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

Very cute, Appears very nice. Ourselves room was so dirty, we stayed in the bunk house. Their were beer bottles and cans left from - the previous night? The toilet was covered in pee, and the seat was as well with who knows what else? The toilet also, didn't flush. The bathtub was horrible. I wouldn't let my kids even shower. I let them stay dirty in sand and mud- over using the shower. It appeared the towels were still dirty and had not been washed. The microwave was disgusting. The sheets had black hair in them and dirt stains. Luckily we had sleeping bags. The room looked like it had not been cleaned in months!! Charging $250 a night, you expect to have a clean nice room. This was very far from that. It's super cute and has so much potential. They just need to clean the rooms!!!!! It has great nice owners, just very dirty! I don't write reviews often but I was so disgusted I hope they start cleaning better!!! Wash the linens and bathrooms!!

Stayed: September 2016
Reviewed 21 August 2016 via mobile

Actually a fairly nice place. Very clean and comfortable. Stayed in the master suite (3 bedrooms) with 2 friends and we were all impressed. A bit pricey, but considering we booked last minute, I won't complain. Great place to stop on your way elsewhere...

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 August 2016

A camping trip to beautiful Fish Lake found our somewhat older bodies seeking a nice restful place to stay while younger family members camped by the lake. Upon entering the Snuggle Inn I was immediately hit by the smell of something reminiscent of an outdoor restroom. Then when no one was present at the check in counter I did everything in my power to find the clerk. 15 or 20 minutes lates he mendered down the stairs with dinner in hand and checked me in. He told me where the room was located and upon trying the key, I found it didn't work. Once again I found my way to the check in desk and told the clerk about the key. He stated that I was on the wrong floor our room was upstairs. I stated that my husband who was handicapped could not climb the huge staircase (by the way our reservations were made in advance with the understanding that we needed special accomodations). Looking on the nearly empty reservation sheet he stated that he had nothing available on the first floor then suddenly to his amazement, discovered a room on the first floor, right down from about six other vacant rooms.

Fortunately the room did not smell like the outer portion of the hotel. However the tv was something purchased in a hospital remodel sale. The soap which is 95% water and 5% soap was riduculous. The towels were frayed and scratchy. The carpet was filthy meant to be hidden by the dark forest green color. The next day our room was barely made up with unemptied garbage cans and crumpled bedding. There was no hairdryer to be found, no closets, and one lowly nightstand.

We have stayed in a number of hotels across the U.S. and Canada, for the price, this was one of the worst. You might want to try the Road Creek Inn across the street should you find yourself in Loa, Utah needing a place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda Kay T
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

After spending time in Zion and needing to make our way to Denver, we arrived at the Snuggle Inn for the night. Nice gentleman checked us in (think the owner) and sent us to the Country Cafe for dinner. This place is a step back in time and the lobby is lovely with a winding staircase. When you enter your room (each one is different), the patchwork quilts are a nice touch. Enjoyed the western artwork throughout. Then it hits you: why are so many things inadequate when they would be easy to fix? Our room had twin beds that were ok with mis-matched sheets on each bed, in faded floral prints. Pillows were old & flat with a single case on them, making it easy to see the age/wear. Towels were some strange color of orange/tan and all different shades. Tv was an OLD picture tube one with few channels. The air conditioner was noisy when it worked. It blew hard for a while, then stopped completely for varying amounts of time. Finally it just stopped working and we just used the fan setting. They said they had a hair dryer; just ask them, but we couldn't find anyone in the office area and just didn't wash my hair. This place has much potential, but it just doesn't seem like anyone cares for now. Kind of sad.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2016

Having been on the road in USA for a month we have been in cabins on the hills to 5* hotels, but this was the only bad nights sleep we encountered. Think room 4 was for a single traveller. The room was the tiniest we have been in, A/C control for the room was down the corridor ! No essentials. The only cups were about 2" and for water, asked the young very surely cleaner if she had creamer and she just said "no" so I suggested she went and got some..she came back with one. The decor was interesting, some good pictures, that's about it. The queen bed was a disaster, if one moved a foot the whole thing creaked and squeaked. Hoover was noisily started nearby at 8.30 am...every other hotel/motel has been really good. Wish we had gone further down the road. Also the plumbing in other room was loud.....

Room Tip: Some of the other rooms were double our size
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

I honestly doubt the towels or sheets were clean. I've lived in some shady spots in my lifetime but this place is filthy. Beware in room 3 the lock works but can easily be turned from the outside without any key or plastic card. TV also doesn't work, but more importantly is the lack of any friendly or caring attitude of the owner. The guy is obviously just trying to sell the place and get out of there and the rooms will blatantly show it as many things are broken including the blinds. There is also the fact that he falsely overcharges from online booking sites. It was a frustrating and filthy experience.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loa
24.2 km away
24.6 km away
Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef
Rodeway Inn Capitol Reef
#1 of 1 in Caineville

Been to The Snuggle Inn? Share your experiences!