See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed August 17, 2016

Rented two rooms as a last resort. Cashier at adjoining cafe doubles as motel check in. Had to wait for cafe customers to be seated and others to pay their bill. Motel was across the gravel parking area was well appointed with weeds and trash. Paint on the rickety stairs and balcony completely peeled to bare wood. Room was clean, but that was about it. Air conditioner awfully loud for not actually putting out any cool air. Giant fan in the room, too big and too loud to sleep in the same room. Plug outlets fitted with adapters to allow four cords in a single outlet. Watch your step, tacks coming out carpet stripping. Fast food ketchup sized packets of shampoo. No soap dish or shelves in the shower. Entire spigot moved when you tried to turn water into the sink. Warning on the posted list of rules advised long term guest to call and arrange for housekeeping. No mention of house keeping for overnight guest staying a second day. That's because it did not exist. We had no idea till I called the cashier at the cafe to complain. She told me they were very busy but no matter they don't provide house keeping any way. She seemed put out that I requested fresh towels put said she would send someone over. When the guy showed up to ask what my problem was. I requested fresh towels. When he returned with the towels his little dog ran into our room. He called the pooch out, dropped off the towels and left. Even "down home" places should meet minimum standards for comfort and safety.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed February 25, 2016

I only speak from my experience. The Brownings do a creditable job. The room was clean, comfortable and cheap. It depends on what you want and need. I recommend the motel and and the restaurant. Both met my requirements and saved me money. The staff are friendly helpful, hometown folks.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed December 29, 2014

We had done some research and determined that the Flaming Gorge Motel was the best value in Manila. The weather was sketchy so we did not make reservations. When we arrived in Manila we called and were told there was no vacancy. Going across the street to the market to reassess we were called back and told they did have a room and would be happy to have us stay. They were remodeling the office and there was apparently some confusion.

The room was large and the conventional TV was large too. We wanted to get into our room early to watch the final NFL games of the regular season and our room was complete and ready for us to check in. The bathroom had been recently remodeled and was very elegant. We enjoyed our stay and would come back again.

Room Tip: We were offered a ground floor room and were concerned about noise but our room was very quiet. The upper floor rooms have a balcony and a slightly better view.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Don't be fooled by the cute picture on their website of the room. The whole place is falling down, we were scared to stand on the balcony for too long in case it gave way! Room smelled, bathroom extremely small & toilet ran all night, sheets felt like sand paper. Everything about the place is old and run down - they should just demolish the whole building and start over! If it hadn't been raining we would have slept in our tent instead.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KKM73
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The room was on the top floor. It was so cramped u could only fit but one person at a time through the door. Bathroom was like a stall no room to move and the towels and wash cloths had dirty brown spots on them when u got them wet (sick). We didn't dare take a shower. We didn't sleep a wink..worried to much about foreign aliens crawling in bed with us. Said the room was $69... charged us $89 (wish these people could be honest with their fellowman). They weren't even there to check us out in the morning and they owe us a bag of ice free ice compliments with the room. Never Ever Ever again will I stay at this dump...This place is for die-hard fisher-men that don't care about where they sleep.You have been forewarned travelers... BEWARE!!! ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK.... .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family