La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Midvale
US$81
US$129
US$109
US$68
All reviewswafflesboiled eggsno elevatorclean roomseasy accessindoor poolsalt lake citydining areafree breakfasthot tubpetkevincerealmcdonaldsutahski
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was in town visiting family and needed a place close by where my daughter is living so I chose this property since I'm generally a fan of La Quinta though I prefer the newer and more updated properties in the system.

The hotel was easy to find, right off of I-15 and the room was generally clean and comfortable. One of the oddities of this hotel are the extremely long hallways. I have stayed in a lot of hotels over the years, but I have never seen such long continuous hallways before.

My room was at the midpoint of the hallway, but it was more like being at the end in most hotels. I pity the poor people at the end who had quite a hike to the lobby for breakfast. It would be faster to drive a car to the front of the hotel than to walk at that point.

I have no complaints about the room in general, especially since I wasn't paying much, but I did have one problem that was only partially resolved to my satisfaction.

The hotel had just installed new electronic locks the day I check in and on the second day it failed, just when I needed to get into my room. The staff had no idea of what to do and I was unable to get into my room for a few hours while they removed the new lock entirely and then moved the contents of my room to another room.

While they did a good job in moving my belongings, I'm not really comfortable about having the hotel staff move my computer and other sensitive belongings without me being present and the inability to quickly resolve the issue was a major irritation.

I sent a message to the corporate headquarters and never heard back from them. Needless to say I will not be staying at this property in the future and I am reconsidering ever booking another stay at LaQuinta.

There are other choices in the area and I would consider them before choosing this property.

Room Tip: Close to the lobby will make for a short walk for breakfast.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I was so dissappointed in the cleanliness of the room. the toilet had not been cleaned and the carpets were filthy inside and outside the room. The staff traded us to another room but no discount was offered. The staff did there best it was late when we checked in. But i had to clean my own toilet and then when I could see it needed more than that I asked for a room change. The carpets in the other room were gross. I didn't feel like I could take my shoes off. Sorely dissappointed. We have stayed in your other hotels in other states and had good luck with these things. this location was dirty

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We checked in, found we had been assigned upstairs...looked and eventually asked if there was an elevator as we had 3 suitcases of 50lbs each/arthritis. Answer was no. In this day and age I found this a little lacking, but I guess it is how it is and somewhat par for the course.

Room had a very large mold patch on the ceiling. It was in the corner, although completely visible as soon as you enter the room. Thus it should have been dealt with and clearly there would have been plenty of opportunity for that or failing that, you know perhaps the room should not be rented out. We asked for and were assigned an alternative room.

2nd room had no obvious mold, but it did have a lot of fine black spots all over the wall...likely mold still. We were tired, so just put up with it and decided to just not spend time in the room while we were there, just use it for sleep.

Window wouldn't open and room easily got humid, suffered condensation. The management should put two and two together because it's obvious why this hotel has a mold issue.

Room was generally not clean. There were hairs on the bathroom floor which weren't ours (they were present when we moved in). Therefore they must have been from a prior guest. These same hairs were present throughout our entire stay, so no bathroom floor cleaning took place for an entire week.

Skirting boards were filthy.

My bedsheet had what looked to be a blood stain on it. In the morning, this was reported to the front desk. I was told this would be resolved and to be certain of that, I told them I'd leave it outside the room to force the issue which I did. When I came back that night, the sheet was gone...but there was no replacement either. The bed had actually been made without a sheet and left as it was. Contacted front desk, cleaning staff came to room and explained they had wondered why the sheet was outside that morning (clearly message had not been passed on). They made a plausible case for it not being blood on the sheet in the first place, but it looked like that anyway and even if it wasn't blood, it was a sheet that had an issue and shouldn't have been used/should have been thrown away.

One evening we came back to the hotel and our five year saw something on the floor and was in the process of picking it up before we stopped him. It was a dog turd. Yes, poo in the corridor as per the other review.

Another evening, there was a drunk/druggy guy sat on the stairs. Actually he was lying down, but when he realized we were there he sat up. How kind.

On another, separate evening...security was banging on a neighboring door/shouting and when she eventually got them open up she accused them of smoking weed and threatened to throw them out. She came back 30 mins later to do the same thing, which resulted in a big argument and ruckus...and a whole lot of noise. Police were called...it was actually the policeman who pointed out that others were sleepin and they should take the argument inside the room or elsewhere. The security lady seemed perfectly happy to just shout and wake everyone up. It was well past midnight so she should have known better.

Walls were thin, thus the stay was noisy even without all that nonsense. We heard taps and toilets in all the neighboring bathrooms and this kept waking us up. To add to this, our toilet flushed itself about every 20/30 minutes. You just got used to it and kept the door shut, but you could still hear it and sometimes it would wake you.

We have followed up with written feedback/complaint however to date this has been ignored, which is unacceptable.

Plus points: Shower, Breakfast, Going Home

I know, you just can't please some people...right? Maybe so, but you should just stay elsewhere if you are considering this hotel...

...it has turds in it and it is a turd itself.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
lq0803gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Midvale, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2012

Please check your email, I responded in great detail to your email as soon as it entered my inbox.

A La Quinta traveler
Coaldale, Colorado, USA
Reviewed March 20, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
lq0803gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn Salt Lake City Midvale, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2012