“Horrible Food, Terrible Service”
Review of Lotus Garden Cafe

Lotus Garden Cafe
Reviewed January 3, 2016 via mobile

I never write reviews but the food ordered from this place was just PLAIN HORRIBLE I had to write a review, their orange chicken was nasty tasted like fried in old reused oil. We ordered fried noodles and they brought us HARD FRIED CRISPY CHIPS, JUST HORRIBLE and when we asked for another order of fried noodles, the guy there said NO, like it meant nothing to customers,.BAD SERVICE. Their fried rice tasted old like its been sitting there, I just wish they had some kind of good food but everything we ordered was a waste of $40 for crappy food. What a Disappointment, Im sorry to say but this place shouldn't even be considered a restaurant if your going to serve people the way they did. Never again will I order from here, Id go to CHINESE PLATTER in SLC, BETTER FOOD there, this lotus Garden SUCKS!

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank Manu T

Reviewed September 14, 2015 via mobile

Rarely have I come across an eatery that has dissappointed me this much.

Tables were not properly cleaned - I was the only patron in there, table I sat at had placemats that had previously been used - food stained the mats, menu is out dated showing items they no longer carry, floors were filthy, staff & management were yelling at each other while a younger male was playing on his cell phone & the Father (manager) was more interested in what was on tv. What's even worse, I ordered egg drop soup that was decent, chicken fried rice that came on a dirty sticky filmed plate with the veggies cool & rice was warm but chicken was almost hot (health concerns). I also had ordered chicken with mixed veggies where the veggies were cold, the sause wasn't properly heated as it was gelling to the chicken & extremely salty.

The utinsils have health issues as they along with the plates had sticky film on them.

This was the most disheartening meal I've had in a while not to mention paying over $20 for my meal that sent me running to a restroom within 5 mins of leaving there.

I caution anyone considering this place and recommend going else where.

Date of visit: September 2015
1  Thank A1167ULpaulh
Reviewed June 19, 2015

I would give it a 5 if our waiter/cash guy didn't wear hospital pants hanging below underwear to serve us. Best Chinese ever! Pleasantly surprised. Had cashew chicken in the combo plate and great portions of veggies and cashews. Best I've ever had. Hubby had sweet n sour chicken, light batter fantastic flavor. Egg rolls were great and ham rice. Very reasonable price for portions. Awesome being beside the Flying J so trucks can park and go. Hope to return soon.

Date of visit: June 2015
Reviewed May 22, 2015

Now days, everyone is trying to save money. The biggest trend I see in chinese is forgoing good quality, REAL meat, for fake, proccessed, rubbery CRAP! NOT THIS PLACE!!! Their meat is real and veggies are good quality and the flavor in the food in AMAZING!! The staff is nice and friendly, and always very fast delivery. I have never been to the resurant itself, but I order from their a couple times a month, and am NEVER DISSAPOINTED!!!! No more panda express here, thats for sure!!!

Date of visit: May 2015
Reviewed May 12, 2015 via mobile

Waited a long time for food. Food was nothing special. Just ok. Its in a good spot. Nice and close to the flying J.