All reviews attached restaurant cactus reds free happy hour front desk chips and salsa social hour would stay here again breakfast is served separate sitting area waffles road trip breakfast attendant room was clean free breakfast cross country trip nice stay potatoes
Reviewed March 21, 2018

Hotel is starting to show some ware, but rooms were very clean and comfortable. Common areas were well kept, nice pool and hot tub.
The hot breakfast was above average, restaurant staff was excellent.
Will stay here again when in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed March 8, 2018

Flew in to Ogden for a visit with an old friend who had just been moved into a Veterans Home there, after suffering a massive stroke. This Comfort Suite was close and middle of the road $$. The front desk was great upon checking in and when leaving the next morning. I found it clean and spacious, and the heater/ac unit easy to operate, which many aren't. No problems with anything in the room, shower, towels, etc. Also had a refrig and microwave, that I didn't use. I was on the ground floor, but it was quiet from outside traffic, as the inn is back, away from the road. Breakfast buffet was provided in a restaurant that adjoins the inn, although the buffet was the only breakfast available. The only negative point to me was the comforter on the bed, which it seems a lot of hotels are going to. Too hot, for me, even turning the thermostat all the way down.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed February 25, 2018 via mobile

While this hotel is showing some ware, the beds were super comfortable. Nice pillows and duvet, good mattress. Hot breakfast was wonderful and the restaurant staff is first rate. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2018

Certainly nothing special. Room was clean, but quite worn (chipped furniture, badly stained curtains). Had to run the fan continuously to drown out the highway noise. Doors into the hotel near restaurant were never locked, even at 3am, posing a safety concern. Price was higher than I've paid for nicer rooms in the Ogden area. The only stand out here was the staff. They were very courteous and accommodating.

Room tip: Avoid the highway (west) side
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank c b
Reviewed February 11, 2018

This hotel is franchise and the owner also owns the Holiday Inn Express across the parking lot. In addition the owner has constructed a restaurant, “Cactus Reds” that is attached to the Comfort Suites and we also ate there. Both the restaurant and the hotel exhibited deceptive behavior. The Mexican selections on the menu advertise a choice of salsa but then you are charged. When I asked the waitress about this she admitted that this confuses customers all the time but did not offer to adjust the bill. Neither did she explain the choices when we were ordering. I still do not understand what our choices were. I deducted the price of one of the cups from her tip and accepted the charge for the other. When I received my room charge the next morning my rate had been mysteriously increased be about five dollars. I made the reservation online, checked it upon check-in, and signed the contract agreement with that rate. I showed the front desk clerk my online reservation but she could not override the charge and had to get the GM to apply a discount. We changed the assigned room at check in but it was the exact class of room. I do not understand how an online reservation was changed and why the front desk clerk could not adjust it. No explanation or satisfaction offer was made which makes me suspicious that it was deliberate. I do not trust this management. Buyer beware!

Room tip: Rooms are quieter on the back side away from the interstate
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SeenEnough2Know
Cheri T, General Manager at Comfort Suites Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Dear SeenEnough2Know,

I greatly apologize about the incredibly negative experience you had on our property. I would like to assure you they are not normal practices for our company and I would like the opportunity to correct them.

Please contact me at your convenience,

Cheri Thomson