All reviews staff was super friendly heating system room decor lobby area recently stayed here within walking distance rooms are clean and comfortable special thanks check in was easy decent size nice job plenty of parking restaurants and bars mini fridge beautiful room pool and hot tub definitely stay here again
Reviewed April 25, 2016

The hotel was nice but I could not get much sleep between folks playing music loud in the parking lot and the room being way too hot. There is what looks like a thermostat in the room but when you turn it on it blows only hot air and is very loud. Do not be fooled by it, your room will not cool down. I believe there is a thermostat set by the hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Mr_E_Guzman, Manager at Courtyard Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Dear Christian H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Our Hotel is equipped with a two pipe system that circulates cold or hot air at one time, based on the weather we have to change the output in order to ensure our guests are comfortable. We are working on signage to be placed above the thermostat to better communicate to our guests how the system works.

We appreciate your feedback and hope to have the opportunity to be your host on your next visit to Ogden.

Reviewed April 23, 2016

this is the worst Marriot that I have ever stayed in. To start things out we wanted to have a cup of coffee, the Starbucks coffee was cold. When we decided to go to sleep we were in for a long night of tossing and turning. The walls are paper thin. We heard drunk people in the hall all night long. To make matters worse my temp control in the room would not stay set on 65, it would change back to 72 every hour. the room rate does not match the quality of the hotel. I rarely get to get out and travel and stay in hotels, so when I do, I want the best. I am also willing to pay for the best. I must stay the room decor is beautiful and our view was amazing. I did miss having a hot breakfast included, that is extra as well.

Room tip: do not stay close to elevator! Do not expect any extras
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Mr_E_Guzman, Manager at Courtyard Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2016

Dear Tasha H,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard Ogden.

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. The Hotel is equipped with a two pipe system that only allows us to provide cold or hot air at a time, adjusting the thermostat in the room will not change the temperature of the air circulating in the room after resetting to 72 degrees. We are working to better inform our guests on how our system works in each room. We will share your feedback with the appropriate team to ensure the cold coffee was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Thank you for your feedback as this helps us improve our operations.

Reviewed April 15, 2016

This hotel is centrally located in an area of great restaurants. The hotel is new looking, clean and open. The staff is very nice. The room we stayed in was very good - even had a window that opened. It was clean and quiet. Maybe too quiet.
We did not try the Bistro except for take-away coffee in the morning.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Mr_E_Guzman, Manager at Courtyard Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

Dear Mike J,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Ogden.

As a Valued Guest, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. With a spirit to serve, we take great pride in not only meeting, but exceeding your expectations.

Reviewed April 12, 2016

Great location in Ogden near 25th street and historic downtown. Comfortable hotel with friendly service. I don't like the remodel of the rooms as the furnishings seem cheap and too IKEA-like. Almost like modular units that were not made to fit the rooms. The rooms seemed nicer before the remodel when I stayed there a few years ago. The remodel of the lobby area and restaurant is very nice. Overall a decent place to spend a night in Ogden though.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mr_E_Guzman, Manager at Courtyard Ogden, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2016

Dear mountainclimber2014,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Courtyard Ogden.

As a Valued Guest, we appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that you had a great stay. We hope to have the opportunity to be of service on your next visit to Ogden.

Reviewed April 12, 2016

I travel for business 2 weeks every month. I tend to stay at a Marriott regardless of where I travel. This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this hotel. It has a lot of tings going for it. The bistro is nice in the lobby for a quick glass of wine and dinner. The rooms are large, clean and newer due to the remodel. I prefer the Marriott chains that offer a microwave and fridge, so if I want to heat up leftover or stop by a grocery store, I can. This room provides these amenities, but they are hidden in a large cabinet, which is nice for aesthetics.
I have 2 complaints. This hotel has an auto shut off on the air conditioner. I like my room cold, especially at night when I sleep. If you turn down the temp using the control, the fan will kick on and begin to cool the room. The system auto resets to 72 in the room after about 2-3 hours. This is extremely annoying, to the point that I might not stay at this hotel again. My second complaint is with the maid service at the Marriott chain. It seems no matter what state I'm in, the maid service is hit or miss. The things I really care about with maid service is replacement of coffee, replacement of toiletries and empty the garbage. On this trip the maid did not replace the coffee. I know that I can call and get it replaced, but I normally don't notice until the morning when I need it.
Overall, I enjoy the Marriott hotel chain and don't have any plans to change my loyalty, but may consider a different hotel in Ogden, since A/C is a deal breaker for me.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Candice S

Dear Candice S,

As a VALUED GUEST, we see that there is room for improvement based on your feedback.

Please accept our apology for not meeting your expectations during your stay. We will share your message with our Housekeeping Team to ensure this was an isolated issue and is corrected moving forward. We have recently programed our Fans to turn off after it reaches a certain temperature, prior to that our fans would always stay on. Based on guest feedback the noise made it difficult to sleep, we will share your message with our Engineering Department to check the auto reset. Thank you for your feedback as this helps us improve our hotel operations.

We hope to have the opportunity to be your host on your next visit to Ogden.