New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Orem
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Keep driving”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I picked this hotel because it was close to the freeway and they had an indoor pool. Upon checkin I see a sign that the pool is "out of order." if their website where I had booked at relayed this information I would have stayed at a different hotel. Upon getting to my room I notice what looks like puke stains all over the carpet that don't look that old. I called the front desk and the girl didn't care didn't offer to move me but said oh that will need to be checked when you leave. I requested a quiet area and instead was out on the 2nd floor with people above me who were up past midnight making a lot of noise. Breakfast was very cheap compared to other la quintas includinf powdered creamer and no sugar substitute. They have a machine for cappachino so i filled up a cup took a drink and it was actually hot chocolate. I went to fill out the comment card that was given to me upon checkin and noticed they recycle their paper and on the other side was someone else's check out paper from the night before that included their name address and last four of their American express card number. This information belongs in the shredder and I can't believe they would pass this type of information on to the next guest. I filled out a different comment card and kept the original and asked that it be given to the manager and never heard a thing so he/she obviously doesn't care about dissatisfaction.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
laquintaorem, Webmaster at La Quinta Inn Orem, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn Orem for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that the pool was out of order during your stay.

• The manager was approached about having a system whereby something like the pool being out of order would be shown on the website.

• The girl working at the front desk received additional training in the courteous, helpful way in which our valued guests are to be treated.

• Management and desk staff received additional training in seeing to it that our valued guests remember to be thoughtful of their fellow guests.

• Breakfast staff received additional training in presenting a proper breakfast.

• Management was approached about the recycling of reviews which result in giving out our valued guests’ personal information. The seriousness of this was discussed fully.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn Orem. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think that you will be very pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Show Low, AZ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

To be honest, it was a little better than I expected, but I was a little irked that I had to pay a $10 upcharge for a room with two beds. Other hotels don't do this. Average beds, a little larger room than I expected, breakfast was ok, better than cold muffins at other places. Overall ok for an overnight stay, but probably not longer. Yep, that about sums up the chain.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
New Castle, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

This hotel has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. As a returning guest, i had a mix up with my reservation and was told "too bad" by the managment. They did not care about my past, current or future business. Will never stay at La Quinta again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing La Quinta Inn Orem for your recent stay in our area. I am so sorry about the mix up with your reservation, and especially about the response you received concerning it from the management. Please know that you have my personal apology. I will do all I can to see that this does not happen again to you or any other of our valued guests.

Thank you for giving us a review. Upon receipt of your review, the following steps were taken:

• Management received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

• Management was approached about setting up a computer system that would prevent this from happening to anyone again.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at La Quinta Inn Orem. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Orem hotels

highland, utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

It's great for family or overnight stay. I like thier breakfast and the service is good. The rooms are lovely with best view of surroundings.

Room Tip: Get a upgrade to suite i paid $30 but it's worth it. Their suite is large and rooms are big also...