All reviews quaint inn historic hotel room was clean main street town furniture refrigerator
Reviewed August 17, 2018

We were on a tour of all Utah's NPs and all accommodations close to Bryce Canyon were booked except this place and Rodeway Inn at the junction of the 2 roads. I chose this over Rodeway because it's a ride into town for meals and not sure if there were restaurants near Rodeway.
Not sure why it's historic except that it's an old building. Why the poor rating:
1. No breakfast at $100.
2. No fridge, microwave, coffeemaker. You can use their kitchen and store your food in the communal refrigerator. There is a coffee maker at the base of the stairwell in the morning.
3. Carpet is dirty. Blinds panels missing, no curtains.
4. No closet space, no hangers, no place to hang your things, just the two beds. Come to think of it, the room was small and glad we didn't have a lot of stuff.
5. No elevator. Our room was on the second floor and have to carry our luggage in a narrow staircase.
6. The receptionist didn't seem to know what's in town. We asked her for suggestions for restaurants and their hours. Just pointed over there and not sure what time they were open/close.
7. They posted an excuse for the above: They run 3 motels/inns in town. Good god, you shouldn't be in the hotel/motel industry if you have to make this kind of excuse! It sounds like you don't know how to run a proper motel.
Limited parking inside. Otherwise, park in the streets.
I DO NOT recommend this place. Do not be fooled by "historic". I forgot to add, very, very slow Wi-fi.

Room Tip: Do not stay here.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

Positives

Great value for money
Very clean
Big shared kitchen area for cooking with a great range of equipment and crockery etc
Ample covered off street car parking

Negatives

Receptionist appalling first point of contact. Could hardly be bothered to look up from her phone.. felt like we were intruders and an inconvenience. Never said hello or smiled for the duration of our stay. Merely asked for our credit card and in exchange handed over room key. Bizarre !! No briefing on hotel facilities..needs some lessons on customer service.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank fraz2018
Reviewed July 19, 2018

I read the reviews after booking and wasn't quite sure if I made the right decision. But it turned out I did. The room was spacious and clean, I got 3 double beds for only $54. My stay was pleasant and I can recommend it. Seems like the change of management was a very good decision.

Room Tip: good price
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2018 via mobile

Another motorcycle friend and I stayed in this hotel over the last weekend. We stayed frankly because the alternative was camping with the rally we were attending. Neither of us thought that was a really good idea but we're on a budget so my friend found this hotel. I was a little skeptical for the very inexpensive price that it would be a decent place to stay. We were pleasantly surprised by the fundamental strength of the operation, meaning that the beds were good, the rooms, while older are serviceable and the staff, which is a small family-run operation, were friendly and helpful.

An added bonus was that they have inside parking, which we appreciated being on the motorcycles.

I will definitely stay at this facility again when we travel down to beautiful Southern Utah!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

This could be a great motel - in time and with some work! We arrived around 9.30pm to be greeted by a note on the desk informing us the owner was elsewhere & to call him when we got there - on an American number which we couldn't use on our UK mobiles. His son was there and called him for us but if this hadn't been the case I am not sure what we would have done! Room was basic with no coffee machine/tissues/iron etc, and there was no indication of the Wi-Fi code as we had been told there would be so we had to go back down to reception to find this out. The room was cramped but really clean and had obviously just had new carpets. TV did not work and we had to ask for help with the shower as it was only cold - to be told the plumbing was on backward and we needed to use it the opposite way to have hot water. Coffee in the lobby was unavailable both mornings. The owner is friendly and told us he'd just taken this motel on - my suggestion would be he perhaps doesn't take guests until he's actually fully ready for them! On the plus side, location is great with ample easy parking (although garage is rammed with old furniture) and there are some great cafes nearby for breakfast.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple