“Annual visit as good as last year” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Deer Valley Seafood Buffet

Deer Valley Seafood Buffet
Reserve with OpenTable
Deer Valley Seafood Buffet is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 265 Restaurants in Park City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: The Zagat Restaurant Guide lists the Seafood Buffet in "America’s Top Restaurants." A favorite of locals and visitors alike, a vast array of fresh seafood is served including sushi, chilled shellfish, fresh salads, hot and cold seafood appetizers and entrées, glazed duck breast, pasta and prime rib, plus fabulous desserts. Fine wines and cocktails available. Located in Snow Park Lodge. Open during the winter ski season from 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m., closed Sundays and Wednesdays.
Park City, Utah
“Annual visit as good as last year”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

Our family's annual visit to the Seafood Buffet was as good this Christmas eve as it has been every year. The seafood was very fresh, the presentation was great, and our service was friendly and very helpful. I really enjoy the variety of great dishes.... My only complaint is that I over did it once again. Hard to stop eating before I reach the desert bar.... Next time, I'll have a little more restraint.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

The Uintas
“Can't go wrong!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

My friends , family and colleagues and I eat her at least once yearly. It takes that ling for my stomach to recover! No matter how hard we try, it's impossible to not over eat! And even if you're not a seafood fan , no worries, since there are tons of non-seafood offerings. Our favorite is the fresh shrimp table. There are huge mounds of shrimp, and you serve yourself to all the drawn butter you want. As we are not drinkers, I can not comment on that aspect of the establishment. Unless there's a fair amount if snow , be aware that your shoes might get muddy walking from your car to the restaurant. Also, the directions to the restaurant are not especially clearly marked. Just keep walking past the shops and you'll walk straight into the restaurant entrance. Then prepare to eat your monies worth!

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Do Not Waste Your Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2011

This restaurant came highly recommended by many and it was a complete disappointment. The lunch cafeteria by day, seafood buffet by night lacks atmosphere , has a strange collection of foods and is ridiculously expensive. It pained by husband to sign the check tonight for $300 for 2 adults and 2 kids and one bottle of $40 wine. $125 would have been too much for what we ate, $300 was obscene! The service was the only excellent part of the meal.
We truly felt like dumb tourists at this highly promoted Deer Valley Restauraunt. Deer Valley has so many other amazing places to eat - Stay Away

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank bigpuppy
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“A Seafood Event.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2011

We come out to Utah to ski for 2 weeks every Christmas. We always come to the Deer Valley Seafood Buffet. It is more like an event than a dinner. This year they even seated us right next to the fireplace so we got lucky.

There is so much seafood, there is too much to try it all. This year we focused on the smoked salmon with capers and onion, my of my that was good. We also had a couple of plates of the oysters on the half shell. They were excellent. Then we had a couple of plates of the seared Ahi tuna. It was seared at a special station while you wait. Very good. Then we finished up with a few plates of the Dungeness crab.

We highly recommend the Deer Valley Seafood Buffet. It is a little pricey, but it is worth the splurge.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank Little_guy_1
Sugar Land
“Fabulous seafood buffet, worth the splurge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2011

My husband and I love seafood and get plenty of it on the TX gulf coast. DV isn't cheap, but the food is excellent, and we got our money's worth. There are many stations to choose from, so I will go in order...sushi buffet is yummy, our night featured eel roll, California roll with real crab meat and sesame seed coating, tasty salmon roll, fabulous ahi sashimi with sesame sauce, and delicious Thai calamari. Also had an excellent seaweed and Asian cucumber salads. Cold salad bar had several green salad options which I didn't try, fruit, peel um shrimp, several delicious cheeses including Brie and a Swiss one with kirsch flavor, smoked salmon with condiments, herring, dungenness and king crab legs which were wonderful. There were two raw oyster options, but I am not an oyster person. Two delicious soups were offered- butternut squash and a tomato soup with smoked shrimp that was enhanced by the three cheese toast option. Clams and mussels in broth were tender and flavorful, as opposed to many buffets where they are chewy and tasteless. I did not try the prime rib or pork loin but I did taste the orange duck, which was excellent. The best part of the buffet is the hot seafood entree station, so save room for the seared ahi tuna with wasabi aoli, pineapple glazed Ginger shrimp sauteed with snow peas, pistachio crusted mahi, and Asian scallops. The dessert buffet offered more options than one should eat, so pick your favorites...mine were the flan, which I put over the excellent bread pudding, and the tiny rich chocolate flour less cake. The key lime pie was also tasty. Service is good, wine prices were reasonable, we had the caymus conundrum which goes well with any seafood, and the fireplace atmosphere was relaxing. We had the treat of a window view of the world free moguls skiing finals...extra fun! We will return.

• Visited February 2011