“Amazing Service”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Price
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Amazing Service”
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I stayed overnight while working in the area. The price was excellent. The room was clean and comfortable. The receptionist was helpful and pleasant. She checked me in quickly and showed me how to get to my room. However, it was the next morning that blew me away. I checked out at 12 noon and stopped by to see if it was still possible to grab a bite of what ever breakfast was left. Even though the kitchen was closing for the morning, the staff was willing to still make a breakfast and EVERYONE was super pleasant. If I'm in this area, I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AnonymousExpectation

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Attractive hotel, pleasant restaurant but I cannot quite call a hotel with an upper floor and no
elevator truly full service. This is the third Holiday Inn that I have stayed in recently that was
not up to what I would expect in the 21st Century. My preference as a longtime Priority Club
member is for Holiday Inn Express. Unfortunately no HIX in Price.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Rt66tbird
Palatine, Illinois
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I stayed for a week while working at Huntington. Room was not ready even though I was checking in a 4:30. Part of the time there I was working nights and hung the do not disturb sign on the door when I went to sleep in the morning. Maid still banged on the door asking if I wanted room service. When I shifted back to working days the room was not clean by 4:00 when I returned from work. Wireless internet was horrible. Had to reconnect multiple times every time I used it. no elevator all room require going up stairway

I stay at holiday inn for the points (platinum member so I've stayed at a few), please someone build another one anywhere near here and I'll never return to this one.

Room Tip: rooms up front have to climb fewer stairs - no elevator
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank sehaare

Travellers are raving about these Price hotels

Staunton, Virginia
Reviewed 19 August 2011

nice hotel with friendly staff. Restaurant and catering was very good. Location was nice for the Price area. Fairly large for such a small place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jeanine B
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed here one night on our drive back to Seattle from Cortez, CO. Upon check-in we were told that it had been a crazy day and that due to staffing shortages some staff had stayed late to work overtime and to help get the work done. We booked through the Holiday Inn site and took advantage of the $60.00 p/night rate with 5,000 points. The room was fine and clean, our only complaint at the time was the fact that after loading up the luggage cart for the trek to our first floor room with our families luggage we realized that stairs were required to get to even the first level so we had to unload the cart and haul luggage down the hall anyway. No big deal though, just a minor inconvenience. As we were doing this though we ran into another guest that walked by and said, "This place is something huh?" in a sarcastice voice that insinuated they had experienced some inconveniences of their own.

Now this evening after getting home from our 3,000+ mile roadtrip we discovered a voicemail message at our house from the hotel asking us if we had 'accidentally' ended up with a comforter as the maid had reported one missing. I can guarantee that we did not steal a Holiday Inn comforter!!! Is the hotel trying to recoup some money because we only paid $60.00 for the room?

After reviewing all the details of our stay I also remember an encounter with housekeeping staff that was conducting a job interview or new hire orientation in the same room where the guest computer was located. I needed to use the computer to make our reservation for our next stopover in Boise so had to pull up a separate chair because the hotel employee was using the desk chair. In addition, to conducting the 'official' meeting they talked about their kids, boyfriends, how one had been sick and throwing up the last four days, etc. After sharing this room for several minutes their meeting ended and they both left, however, the staff person later stopped me in the hall to ask if I had seen her cell phone. I told her I had not and that all I remembered seeing after she left was some lip ointment (gross!) and a glass filled with ice that she had left on the side-table. Could she have reported a comforter missing in retaliation if she thinks we had her phone?

So frustrated right now! What a way to return from vacation. I have been staying at Holiday Inn's when traveling for years, am a member of the rewards program, and since this was a family roadtrip with our kids I particularly resent the fact that the hotel thinks we may have stolen a comforter. All I remember are sheets and a little cotton throw over the foot of the bed anyway. While there are not many options in Price, at this point I would not recommend this Holiday Inn. Keep on driving... right through Price!

Another observation ~ we ate dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and both times were the ONLY customers. The food was good, the service was fine, but it did seem odd to be completely alone through both meals while the hotel paid to staff a hostess, waitress and cook in the kitchen.

If the hotel resolves this issue my review will be more positive in nature. At this point, after spending 8 hours driving in the car today with 2 kids my patience is worn thin. Hotel management is gone for the night and the issue can't be resolved until tomorrow so what should be a relaxing night back at our home after 12 days on the road is being spent agitated and wondering if our family will have to add the expense of a Holiday Inn comforter, that we NEVER took, to our vacation budget. Fingers crossed for a satisfactory resolution by hotel management tomorrow morning and hoping that I am exhausted enough to still get a good night of sleep!

Room Tip: Even first floor rooms required stairs from the lobby.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Meranda94
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Motel staff went out of their way to accommodate our needs. We had an upgraded room because our preferences were unavailable at booking. We are frequent guests for both business and pleasure and will continue to stay at Holiday Inn properties because of the service oriented staff.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Utah
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I'm sure this is the best place to stay in Price, Utah. But if you don't request a fridge and microwave in your room you dont get one. Also the food is WAY overpriced for the quality!! The staff however is the one great thing about this Hotel. they are very warm and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank strebel4
Also consider these accommodations in or near Price
0.8 km away
11.4 km away
National 9 Inn
National 9 Inn
#1 of 2 in Wellington

Been to Ramada Price? Share your experiences!