“I find something fabulous every time I go in!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cats Cradle Antiques & Art
Ranked #29 of 60 things to do in Provo
Reviewed 8 January 2015

I'm a regular at Cat's Cradle. I hesitate reviewing them because I selfishly worry that someone else might get to that great find before I do. I collect antique/vintage jewelry. I've bought several pieces over the years from Glen and Gary. The ones I've had independently appraised were valued at 3-4 times the price I paid for them. My family has also purchased some wonderful things for me in this shop, including a San Ildefonso pot made by Maria the Potter. I grew up in New Mexico, I was so excited to get this pot that came with a biography signed by Maria!
Glen and Gary are very knowledgeable about the items they sell. They're also total geeks about antiques, so they love what they are able to collect and resell. There's always something new (well, old) when I go in and I probably drop by a couple of times a month. If you love antiques and you're anywhere near Provo, you've got to check this place out.

Reviewed 18 October 2014

My wife and I frequent antique stores all over the country. On one trip last year we went to Brimfield and then stopped at 75 more antique stores before making it back home. We enjoy antique stores (apparently). There have been few antique stores in the country which we enjoy as much as Cats Cradle in Provo, Utah. Glen is the owner and his knowledge of antiques is unbelievable. Gary rents space from him and, between the two of them, they come up with some of the most amazing pieces we have ever found (and bought). They are extremely strong in areas of jewelry, dolls and fabrics but it is the weird, never seen anywhere else stuff they come up with which never ceases to amaze us. These guys know their business and are more than willing to share their knowledge with anyone who asks. They are in a small building but it is packed! Be prepared to spend a couple of hours if you want to look at everything. I have called these guys from all over the country to let them know that, yes, they are still our very favorite antique store. I will probably write more antique store reviews in the future but, until further notice, this is our very favorite for selection, staff involvement/knowledge, variety and honest pricing.

2  Thank Robert M