“Spartan and no-frills but very clean, very friendly, very cheap.”
Review of Dixie Palms Motel

Dixie Palms Motel
Ranked #30 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 20 September 2011

It's no great shakes, but it's very clean and the management is super friendly. You will be hard pressed to find a better deal for the money (hence four stars instead of three), as it came to forty bucks INCLUDING tax. It's perfectly adequate for a stopover in St. George, and I would stay again. Wi-Fi was completely non-functional; manager appeared to be both familiar with and embarrassed by this situation.

Room Tip: Pick one set back from road.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Management56, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2016

Thank you for posting a review. As new manager I am always looking for ways to make our guest experience better. Our WIFI is now not only functional but it seems fast as well. Come see us again soon and check out the changes.

Reviewed 8 August 2011

It was OK, very large room, could do with a refurb, and a scrub up. But it was very cheap and centrally located with plenty of places to eat nearby.

We ended up in the honeymoon suite!! What a laugh if I ended up here on a honeymoon I would rethink the marriage!

It had charm and very helpful friendly staff. A bit of a mixed bag really, but worth a go.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Management56, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Reviewed 24 July 2011

Found this little gem on TA and we were not disappointed. Clean, convenient to walking to shops and food, 10% off coupon at Bear Paw for Breakfast (fantastic cafe type food--had eggs Benedict and latte which was great and great prices), microwave and refrig in room, chairs outside of room to lounge. Now this place is dated-but dated in a retro cool way and it is great for the value. Staff is GREAT!!!!!!!! Free wifi - Drawback - no coffee in room or office.....:(

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Management65, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

We would like to say thank you for staying with us and we would love to have you come back anytime. We really enjoyed having you all saying with us..
Sincerely

Reviewed 13 July 2011

We found this motel on Priceline ($45 with tax) when we were leaving Zion and wanted a good shower after camping. What a disappointment as only I took a shower in the dimly lit bathroom. When in the shower, the smell of mold was nearly overwhelming and I would not allow my children to shower, let alone stand in the shower. The room (Suite 8) was ample in size for our family and we liked the separate room with the second bed, however, it seemed that they had pieced together two separate rooms and didn't do an adequate job of leveling the floors as there were at least three places that it changed almost imperceptibly underneath the carpet, but enough of a change to cause tripping. I strongly advise against staying here, for the mold factor and it would be dangerous for older folks and young children. Otherwise, it's a cheap motel and you can't expect TOO much....BUT, after staying in a dozen places on a long trip, we found that even in old motels, one CAN expect basic cleanliness and safety.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
Management65, Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2011

Marybeth5,

We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay! Management has taken care of the mold problem as of June 1, 2011. Thank you so much for your review, it definitely helps to know what our motel needs are in order to ensure the happiness and safety of our guests.

Reviewed 10 June 2011

Had a lovely stay here for one night- good location close to shops and eateries. The owners were lovely and helpful, and the room was clean and spacious, with fridge, microwave and TV. Bit dated, but brilliant for the price. Plus you get 10% off at the Bear Paw Cafe- amazing food! Check out the nearby Ancestor Square for art shops, concerts and good restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Thank you for your comment. As new manager, I am always interested to see what was written about our place before I came. Glad you liked the Bear Paw. I do too.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

First, the young man running the place was very nice. But..., after that, things dropped off considerably. Very run down, and right on a busy corner. I had to run the air to drown out the street noise. Cockroaches..., 'nuff said there! The deadbolt didn't work, so I could not secure the door. I almost left to find another place, but after driving almost 10 hours, I was too tired. No coffee in the morning. I assume that is because it is run by Mormons, but still, not everyone who stays there is Mormon, so they should cater to what their guests are likely to want, not to what they want or don't want. No blow dryer either. Anyway, the place was cheap, but based on the reviews, I expected more. Makes me wonder if those writing all those positive reviews stayed at the same place!

Room Tip: Try someplace else!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank KailuaAl

KailuaAl,

We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay! The deadbolt was fixed the day after you reported it broken and the rooms were sprayed heavily for cockroaches that same day as well. We do have coffee makers, coffee, roll-a-way beds, hair dryers, cribs and irons upon request and are more than willing to accommodate those needs. Thank you so much for your review, it definitely helps to know what our motel needs are in order to ensure the happiness and safety of our guests.

Reviewed 10 May 2011

We stayed at the Dixie Palms for two nights in August 2010 and found more than we expected in this town. The hosts were a young couple and were extremely helpful and friendly. The room was a little outdated but given the price we were happy with it. I’d definitely stay here again; they are doing a great job. We had a great time St. George. We saw the sun set in Zion National Park, visited Bryce Canyon (wow), played a round of golf at Coral Canyon Golf Course – my partner says it is the best course he has ever played, we had so much fun!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AShacko

Thank you for your comment. As new manager, I am always interested to see what was written about our place before I came. Glad you enjoyed your visit.