“Loved this place!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
“Loved this place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2011

I came to St. George for a collage reunion, and decided to give the Dixie Palm a try and I'm glad I did. Derek and Ashley Wiggins were so nice and spot on. I had read the reviews and some of the complaints were about them not having coffee. I can attest they most certainly DO, you just have to get the little coffee maker from the office. Actually, I requested one when I checked in, and they brought it to my door. They supply the coffee, and it was quite delicious for hotel coffee. I liked having the fridge and microwave in the room. The carpet looked fairly new and when I was there a big truck was coming in to deliver many new beds. The rooms are clean. The only complaint I suppose are the pillows are HORRIBLE!!! I actually had to go out and buy a new one! Maybe the management could look into upgrading their pillows since they now have beautiful new beds! Thanks again Derek and Ashley. I will certainly be back.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jnrsparrow
Management56, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, 21 March 2016
Thank you for posting a review. As new a new manager, I like to read past reviews and see what changes have been made. Just to let you know, we have coffee makers and coffee in every room now. You don't have to ask anymore. I have also been replacing the older pillows. Come again soon and see the changes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hudson, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2011

If you are in town for the marathon, or for few days, it's the place to stay. If you wish to have most things, but functional and VERY clean, make sure you reserve here. Before coming, I have read some horror stories from the other side of the street, and some very good for this place. Very friendly staff, able to listen, and talk to. For no time I was able to get my afternoon sleep in precooled, relatively nice decorated room. The internet is very good, (so you don't have to go in the lobby like in the Mariotts), 80 TV channels to watch, fridge, micro oven, (again things that you don't have in most Mariotts) and you don't have their price too. Parking just few feet from your door, (not few floors), I can recomment this place to all the people around me. Saw one of the suites, for coming with friends and really liked it. Yes, there's no coffee, but who cares, you're on the best street in town for this. Take a walk and enjoy the nice weather in St. George! The toalet and the shower are not as tight as some said, almost like at my place, but clean and even the shower head can me adjusted. New sink with new fauset, they are renovating some of the rooms by the time it is not very busy. So, most pobably you'll end in a new room. :-) Places like this one keep the prices down, not the big chains, so we better encourage them!

Room Tip: Shop arround and talk with your friends for better deals.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank 68Peter
Thank you for posting a review. We have made several changes since your visit. As you said our Internet covers the property so you can relax in your room. All of our rooms are on the ground floor. By the way we now have a coffee maker and coffee provided in every room. No need to ask or go somewhere else. We are continually working to make our place more welcoming. We can't do anything structural but we are adding new paint to the rooms as we can during the slow season.
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

We've stayed here three times now, while passing through Utah. It's an old motel with heaps of character. It's cheap and has no frills whatsoever, but it's a cool place to stay.
The welcome from the desk was extremely warm, with an quick and efficient check-in.
Our room had everything we needed, except coffee. The motel doesn't even have a communal coffee pot in the office.
There was a fridge and microwave in our room.
The rooms along the sides have parking right outside the door, but not the rooms across the back.
The bathrooms are old-fashioned and very small. Might be an issue for a disabled person but otherwise no problem.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Management56, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, 21 April 2016
Thank you for your review. As a new manager I like to see the changes made before I came. We now have a coffee maker and coffee in every guest room. Come see us again soon.
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

It's no great shakes, but it's very clean and the management is super friendly. You will be hard pressed to find a better deal for the money (hence four stars instead of three), as it came to forty bucks INCLUDING tax. It's perfectly adequate for a stopover in St. George, and I would stay again. Wi-Fi was completely non-functional; manager appeared to be both familiar with and embarrassed by this situation.

Room Tip: Pick one set back from road.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review. As new manager I am always looking for ways to make our guest experience better. Our WIFI is now not only functional but it seems fast as well. Come see us again soon and check out the changes.
Colchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

It was OK, very large room, could do with a refurb, and a scrub up. But it was very cheap and centrally located with plenty of places to eat nearby.

We ended up in the honeymoon suite!! What a laugh if I ended up here on a honeymoon I would rethink the marriage!

It had charm and very helpful friendly staff. A bit of a mixed bag really, but worth a go.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Management56, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, 3 May 2016
Thank you for your comment. As new manager, I am always interested to see what was written about our place before I came.
Winston-Salem,NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2011

Found this little gem on TA and we were not disappointed. Clean, convenient to walking to shops and food, 10% off coupon at Bear Paw for Breakfast (fantastic cafe type food--had eggs Benedict and latte which was great and great prices), microwave and refrig in room, chairs outside of room to lounge. Now this place is dated-but dated in a retro cool way and it is great for the value. Staff is GREAT!!!!!!!! Free wifi - Drawback - no coffee in room or office.....:(

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Management65, General Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
We would like to say thank you for staying with us and we would love to have you come back anytime. We really enjoyed having you all saying with us..
Sincerely
Management
Flagstaff, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2011

We found this motel on Priceline ($45 with tax) when we were leaving Zion and wanted a good shower after camping. What a disappointment as only I took a shower in the dimly lit bathroom. When in the shower, the smell of mold was nearly overwhelming and I would not allow my children to shower, let alone stand in the shower. The room (Suite 8) was ample in size for our family and we liked the separate room with the second bed, however, it seemed that they had pieced together two separate rooms and didn't do an adequate job of leveling the floors as there were at least three places that it changed almost imperceptibly underneath the carpet, but enough of a change to cause tripping. I strongly advise against staying here, for the mold factor and it would be dangerous for older folks and young children. Otherwise, it's a cheap motel and you can't expect TOO much....BUT, after staying in a dozen places on a long trip, we found that even in old motels, one CAN expect basic cleanliness and safety.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Management65, Manager at Dixie Palms Motel, responded to this review, 15 July 2011
Marybeth5,

We are so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay! Management has taken care of the mold problem as of June 1, 2011. Thank you so much for your review, it definitely helps to know what our motel needs are in order to ensure the happiness and safety of our guests.

Management