“My worst hotel experience ever!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sun Time Inn

Sun Time Inn
Ranked #41 of 41 Hotels in St. George
Woods Cross, Utah
“My worst hotel experience ever!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2009

I have stayed in quite a few hotels over the years, and have found all my stays to be acceptable with one exception. That's the weekend we stayed at the Sun Time Inn. The date of our stay was a couple years prior than I can select, but the experience will forever be burned in my memory. I try never to think about it, as I'm not one to dwell on bad experiences. But as a service to all of you, I thought I had better write a review.

I had decided to stay at the Sun Time Inn because it was the closest hotel to the finish of the St. George Marathon. It's location was perfect for our purposes. I could walk to the buses that would take us to the marathon start, and I could walk from the finish line to my room to take a quick shower. Well, I would rather walk 26 miles back to the start of the race than stay in this hotel again. The location is not worth what we went through staying here.

When we checked in, they had us pay up front for all three nights. That is pretty much the norm now days. But when we walked into our room we realized we had been had! There were potato chips on the kitchen floor, fruit loops on the edges of the room, a dirty bed spread, and holes in the walls! Even though we couldn't afford it, we would have walked right out and stayed somewhere else if every hotel in town wasn't booked. That is every hotel except for the Sun Time Inn. On marathon weekend, every hotel in town is booked way in advance. But when you drive by the Sun Time Inn, you will always see a vacancy sign. Maybe that's because no one stays here twice!!

On top of this, the service was awful as well. When we complained about our rooms, they were very unprofessional and rude. Then they had the gumption to call the police on us for complaining! We were silent the rest of the trip, because we had no other options unless we wanted to sleep in the van for a few days and still not get our money back. In hind site, that may have been a better option. When we got home, two of our family had lice.

I don't know what else to say. I keep thinking that eventually this place will shut down and someone will build a respectable hotel here, but every year I go down for the marathon and see it still there. I quickly put it out of my mind so I can enjoy my stay..... SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

• Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank cushrunner

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2008

We scheduled a three day stay online through the Sun Time Inn website. When we arrived the office smelled very bad - like severe garlic. A Middle Eastern man came out and the entire time he was helping me he was wiping his nose on his sleeve. The first room he put us in smelled very bad and it was a NO SMOKING room. He changed us to a second room and the floor around the kitchenette was sticky - bad! He brought ina moldy mildewy mop and cleaned the floor. There was no sink in the bathroom - only the sink in the kitchen in the other room. There were holes kicked in one side of the door and a fist hole in the back of the door. This is no exaggeration - it was rooms #237 and #238. We ended up only staying the one night and looked for accomodations elseware. The man running the motel can hardly communicate with you. I am not being rude but very truthful. I would hope no one else gets caught in the situation we were in.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank shoegal_06

Travellers are raving about these St. George hotels

california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2008

I stayed at the Sun Time Inn. I was new in town and didnt have very much money, and it was the cheapest in town. I would have rather stayed in my car or camped out!!!! First thing i noticed when i walked in was writing on the walls. The rooms are big but full of problems . My 18month old daughter was coverd in Black from sitting on the floor, her feet and clothes were dirty. the bathtub upstairs leaked and the toilet leaked... when i complained the manager said he would make sure the maids brought me extra towls to put on the floor. what a joke.. the second day we stayed my daughter reached under the bed for a toy and found a coackroach sticky pad with several bugs on it.I asked the manager for a refund , he said that they didnt give refunds and i payed for a week.I waisted all my money on this dump, so i asked to be moved rooms. The next day he finally had a room for us to move into it had a fridge and microwave . but the oven didnt work and the fridge froze all my food. the phone wires were really unsafe. and the worst thing i was putting food away and found a drug needle in the drawer. at the point i packed up and left. PLEASE dont stay here. On top of everything else I never seen a maid and my room was never cleaned. and every night my neighbors were either fighting, playing loud music, or partying. IT IS THE WORST PLACE. oh ya and good luck communicating with the managers. !! i will try and add photos later !!

Stayed April 2007
7 Thank downundagirl
Northern Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2008

This place is old, rundown, and dirty. It was so bad we didn't even stay there. We paid a penalty and left. We booked it through HOTELS.COM. I contacted them after our trip. Thankfully they gave us a credit to use in the future. I couldn't leave a bad review there because they only send you a survery AFTER you have checked out. They sent me to this site and I wish I had seen this before I ever booked it.

• Stayed January 2008
7 Thank jbburn
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2008

This place is INFESTED with mice. Trust me, you don't want to stay here. It is cheap and we only stayed one night. My boyfriend was in charge of making the reservation for our one night stay in St. George on our way to Phoenix for the Fiesta Bowl (Go Boise State!) and he picked this place cause it was cheap. What a mistake! Pay the extra to stay at the Hilton Garden or another value-brand of a national chain. Just steer clear of this place. We actually did see one mouse, but all during the night you could hear them and my boyfriend said at one point during the night he felt something walking on the bed with us!

• Liked — It was cheap
  • Disliked — Everything else; it was HORRIBLE!
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
4 Thank agarrett76
San Diego, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2007

I wish I had read these reviews prior to staying here. It was the biggest dump around! Our room had cockroaches, smelled of smoke, the bathroom was dirty, and everything in general was old and run down. Avoid this place or you will seriously regret it!!!

• Liked — Absolutely nothing
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
4 Thank SDtraveler-7
Salt Lake City, Utah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2007

After driving for 5 hours and spending the day at Zions at an all day festival, we arrived wanting to take a bath and rest. We got to the room and found that the photos on the hotels.com website were highly inaccurate. The walls all had major damage (large holes) that were unprofessionally just plastered up. The towel rack in the bathroom was just a rack with no bars, and thus no towels. The door frames and doorway had built up grime from dirty hands that had not been washed for sometime and the tub was dirty black.

We immediately requested a refund from the manager who refused to give us one since it was booked through hotels.com and he would still have to pay them their honorarium. So we called hotels.com and they said that they had nothing to refund us because the charge was not made by hotels.com, that the manager is the one who charges the card (which was very true because he charged it in front of me on THEIR machine).

Hotels.com finally called and told him to give us a refund, which he told THEM that he would do but after they were disconnected, he refused to give us the refund because he would still be charged by hotels.com for the booking and didn't want to lose the money.

To make a long story short, even though the room rate here is low and you think you'll be getting a good bargain, it is NOT worth your time, effort or money because you will show up and see in person how disgusting the rooms are and want your money back, but you wont get it back.

• Stayed September 2007, travelled with family