“Best place in St. George to stay”
Review of The Inn at Entrada

The Inn at Entrada
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in St. George
Reviewed 10 October 2011

We just spent 8 nights at the Inn and loved it! The room was spacious, very clean, had a nice patio and view and was private at the same time. We never heard our "neighbor" even though the room next to ours was occupied for at least part of the week. We missed our maid service a couple of days because we neglected to remove our "do not disturb" sign and when we called housekeeping they were there within minutes. Great service!

My only issue was with the restaurant. We were looking forward to having a nice dinner and were told about the "appropriate dress" by the front desk so my wife dressed up a bit as did I. When we arrived every other groups were all in shorts and tee shirts or similar dress. When asked the server told us that they let it slide during the "off season".That, combined with the fact that the off-season menu consisted of mostly sandwiches was big disappointment. We never went back to the restaurant, opting instead for the Painted Pony and Riverwalk Grill at Sun River for our other meals and had great food and service at both.

The restaurant issue aside, I will absolutely go back to the Entrada. It was wonderful!!!

Room Tip: I don't think you can get a bad room but ours was facing the pond, looking across to the pickleb...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 September 2011

The most beautiful place to stay ---ever!! Me and my husband could not believe how wonderful it was here. We didn't want to leave! The husband even got to play a little golf. Stunning! Thoroughly enjoyed the hot tub too! Thanks for another perfect two nights!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue G
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The golf course was a disappointment at best. The front nine fairways were covered, almost entirely with aeration cores . I had to move my ball to the rough---which is unacceptable. I gave up playing. When I expressed my dismay to the pro,he said they hadn,t been given any advance notice of this work We had called more than once to be sure no work would be done at the time of our visit. I find this astounding. I told him I felt deceived.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rhardin
Reviewed 24 September 2011

I know that you shouldn't always believe everything you read or hear about a place, but The Inn at Entrada is the exception! My husband and I stayed at this luxurious golf club resort for 4 nights with another couple. We rented a casita and on day 2 of our stay we started planning our return trip.

Our casita was beautifully decorated and had 2 beautiful master bedrooms each with it's own private master bathroom. A patio with a table and chairs that overlooked the 9th fairway of the golf course. The views in the morning when the sun comes up and reflects off the red mountains are just as amazing as the views at night when the sun is setting. The kitchen is fully stocked with glasses, plates, bowels, silverware and pots and pans which allows you to eat in and enjoy the views. Each casita has a garage, you get the automatic door opener when you check in, so there are no cars anywhere which gives you the sense that you are the only one there.

The front nine of the golf course is a little tough especially if you hit your ball into the lava rocks! The back nine are easier and more like a traditional course. The Inn will rent you everything you need from shoes to clubs. They will even deliver your golf cart to your door! Just be aware the early morning tee times are for members of the club. The pool is fantastic and has a beautiful waterfall that you can sit under. My only complaint would be that there are no lounge chairs in the shade after noontime. The gym has all new equipment.

We had dinner one night at Kokopelli, the restaurant in the club house, and the food was delicious. I would defiantly recommend it.

The Inn is about two and half to three hours from the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. The ride from The Inn to AZ is beautiful. For us the landscape alone was worth the drive. It is of course completely different from the Northeast. The North Rim is less visited then the south but just as breathtaking! Zion National Park is also within driving distance taking about an hour to get to. It is just as beautiful as the Grand Canyon. I would also recommend the Dinosaur Museum which is about two exits from The Inn. It's not very big but is very interesting.

I can safely say this is one of the best places we have ever stayed and will compare every future hotel/inn to The Inn at Entrada. We cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a casita overlooking the golf course!
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingPoof
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed here for a second time: this time in summer, last time in winter. What a magnificent place at the foot of the red rocks. We stayed for three days and it was a wonderful relaxing few days. It is easy to get to some of the most spectacular national parks in Utah from here. But even if you choose to stay in the St George / Ivins district, the setting is absolutely beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I had read all the positive reviews but still didn't expect to like Inn at Entrada and Ivins as much as I did. My husband and I left the kids and celebrated our anniversary and my birthday. The area of Ivins is just stunning and even though we live in Utah now we were very impressed by the gorgeous scenery. We stayed in a studio and it was huge and very plush. We loved the comfort of the casita and anything negative I have to say is just nitpicky like I would love better shades to block the morning sun when I'm trying to sleep in! I also would have loved to have a more full service restaurant so I could grab a full breakfast without leaving the property. But we enjoyed the pool area, my massage was great, and my husband said his round of golf was probably his favorite in all of Utah. Some other tips-Don't miss arranging dinner thru Fio Culinary Adventures, dinner at Painted Pony, a show at the Tuacan theatre, and a quick drive to Kayenta for a stroll amongst the galleries. Plus hiking in snow canyon. Wow, now I can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wldtravelr
Reviewed 14 September 2011

This is a beautiful place. The setting, among the lava stones, is surreal. The townhome we stayed in was magnificently decorated, spacious and well appointed. The view was lovely.

The pool and club house have all the amenities a vacationing family would want.

If you have the opportunity to stay at the wonderful inn, you will enjoy the rest and relaxation that is possible there.

Room Tip: We had a town home that looked out over the pond. We had a stream off our patio. It was nice.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family