“Great location, Great deal! Brake upon entering!”

Best Western Coral Hills
Ranked #7 of 43 Hotels in St. George
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

I got a King room and really enjoyed my privacy. The breakfast staff was super kind and went above and beyond for the kids at breakfast time handing out heat sensitive color changing spoons and even showing one little girl the "dungeon" with her parents as a joke-- which was really the cold cooler closet or something like that. It was sweet! I give this 4 stars because the entrance is also snack dab in front of the check in office. Several times when arriving back for the night I'd go in the entrance and someone would be parked or waiting in front of the office head on in front of me. There isn't much space or time to react to get off the main street and into the driveway and stop safely when someone is in the way. It's Dangerous!! When I told the front office staff they laughed it off and told me about a second remote entrance that's available and suggested I use that instead! Unless you'd been there before or knew the area YOU wouldn't know about that other entrance. I took it--It's out of the way and Google Maps will take you to the main entrance. I suggested a sign like "wrong way" or "no parking" as the entrance is one way in and one way out, yet people still exit through the entrance and dangerously block the way for incoming traffic. I like this hotel and location and come once in a while to St. George. I'd love for this problem to be resolved.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
JohnKessler, Manager at Best Western Coral Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

Thank you for letting us know of your experience. We love making each of our guests stay as wonderful as we can. Soon we look forward to adding a patio area where families and groups can grill their food during the year.
I am sorry about the entrance. It has been a challenge over the past 20+ years that I have been here. We have a sign on the side of the office that does say "No Parking, Please Pull Forward" but it is not seen as readily. I promise to take another look at the entrance and see what new ideas we can come up with.
I do have one small favor, if its possible. In your comments you mentioned a four star rating, yet when we received the review, it came across as three. I don't know if you have ability to update it but every point counts and means the world to us. Thank you again, hopefully when you come next, you will notice an improvement for the entrance.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,762)

Reviewed 20 September 2016

We were on a 7 day vacation, and this was by far one of the top two places we stayed. The room was very nice, and very clean. It had a great shower, Breakfast was very good, and the staff was very nice.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
JohnKessler, Manager at Best Western Coral Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Thank you for your compliments and high praise, it is really appreciated!

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Excellent hotel in St George.
Friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms.
Good breakfast.
Easy walking distance to downtown and good restaurants.
We would definitely stay here again should we ever be fortunate enough to return to St George.

Stayed: September 2016

And we would be fortunate to have you back again as our guests. Thank you for complimenting the staff, the really do work hard to do their best.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

This is by far the best hotel that I have stayed at in a very long time. The place is clean and staff is friendly and helpful. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my stay or the hotel. The decor was very cool looking and they have two pools, one indoors and one outside so that was very convenient. The hotel is close to every thing in town and the noise was nothing we dealt with even having a room right next to the street. We have stayed at a lot of different hotels this year alone and by far the best!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hooray! We aren't a "Best" Western for nothing. I couldn't avoid saying it. We are glad your stay with us went well. If you do have any suggestions for us please let us know and we would love to look into improving.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

I was on town for business. No Wifi available at the hotel so they told e to go to Denny's... I deal with confidential information so going to Denny's wasn't an option. I had to work from my room. It was frustrating that there was no other attempt to help me with my business trip. I will not be staying at this hotel again. Also, if you like to use the work out facilities, take a gas mask. The air freshener they use in the work out room is at toxic levels. Tone it down on the Scented air fresheners and maybe get an air purifier instead.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am very sorry for the frustration that occurred during your stay with us recently. I know the pain and hassle it is when trying to get things done and not being able to proceed due to outside forces. I am in hopes the staff informed you that the internet provider outage was something beyond the control of the hotel and affected the southern Utah area, which also included several other area hotels. Certainly, we would not want you to work on confidential items in an area that is not prudent. Thank you for letting us know about the scented air freshener we will take a look at it and see if it can be adjusted.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Best Western always does a great job of taking care of their customers. I have stayed here multiple times and love every location that I have stayed at. This location allows access to anywhere in the city and is located in the heart of the city. Breakfast isn't great, but it's included so that always a nice amenity.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I think our location is pretty awesome being in the heart of Historic Downtown. SO many art studios, museums and over 13 restaurants within three blocks.
for those who are wondering our breakfast has: BACON, sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, French toast, self made waffles, a variety of oatmeal and cream-o-wheat hot cereals, four types of cold cereal, four flavors of breakfast muffins, English muffins, wheat and white break, raisin bread, a variety of flavored beagles, yogurt, Greek yogurt. and fixings to make the yogurt, waffles or cereal into a special occasion. I don't want of forget to mention fresh apples, oranges and bananas. canned peaches, pears or strawberries.
By the way, thanks for always returning, its the best compliement of all.

Reviewed 19 September 2016

Very nice hotel. Check-in staff were fast and friendly. There was a prepared list of local restaurants, which was very helpful. Rooms were clean, spacious and comfortable. Overall, we were very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

thank you for taking the time for your review. I'm glad to see the staff is putting the restaurant list to good use.