1,849 results
All reviewsindoor poolgreat place to stayroom was cleanwafflesfrench toastbest westernsstay there againthe breakfast areagreat breakfastdowntown sthot tubgreat pricefree breakfasthot breakfaststaff was friendlynice stayroad trip
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I can't believe it! I booked a room here for 2 nights. I did so because I has stayed at Best Western Abbey Inn in St. George one month earlier and found the internet access to be almost impossible. (You can read my review of that experience). I figured this would be fine. Wrong! After checking in, I turned on my computer only to find that this hotel uses the same local internet provider (Air 2 Data) and had the same problems.

The room was fine. The front desk staff supplied us with extra bedding. The breakfast was nice.

But if you need hi speed internet, forget this place. After logging onto their wifi network, I was able to get out onto the internet only occasionally. A page would come in, then wait for 2 minutes for the next one. Then all internet access would be lost. I complained. The desk staff person went to another hotel to get me a ethernet cable so I could connect by wire. When I did, there was no difference. I carried my laptop to the front desk to show the problem. I was told that I should call their ISP to figure out what the problem was. That is the same thing was told at the other Best Western! I am their customer and they want me to solve their problem?

The problem was not in my laptop. It connects just fine to other wife networks every day, including those at other hotels and airports. The only paces I have had this problem are the two hotels in St. George where I have stayed that have "Air 2 Data" as their ISP.

If you don't need consistent hi speed internet access, this place is fine. If you do, STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DougHall
BWCoralHillsManager, John Kessler, AGM at Best Western Coral Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2010

Doug Hall,

I’m VERY grateful to report the hi-speed internet is now working perfectly.

After receiving your comments regarding your recent stay we contacted Air2Data and shared with them your frustration; which we quickly took on as our own. They were very prompt to respond to all our calls and e-mails. They immediately scheduled a representative to stay with us and over the weekend no less. He found it necessary to replace various components of the hardware located on the property. He and the manager then tested the wireless and wired service at various locations throughout the property all during the evening and following morning.

Everything is running as it should have for your stay. On behalf of the BW Coral Hills and Air2Data I am sorry it this feature was not running property during your stay, it is obviously very important for your needs.

I’m pleased to read that the room, extra bedding and breakfast were satisfactory for you. I was also pleased to read of the initiative my staff took to locate an ethernet cable in an attempt to resolve the issue. I have since purchased an additional thirty cables to avoid any such delay again. Even if you do not try our property again I hope you will take a moment and test the internet service when in the area and tell me what you think.
All my best, John

Reviewed January 29, 2010

I stayed here while looking at homes in the area. Very friendly staff, Above average continental breakfast, and clean rooms, lobby, and bathrooms. Staff was very helpful in providing me with directions & restaurant recommendations. When I found my husband accidentally booked my return flight 1 month later than it should have been, the desk clerk was very helpful in adding a last minute additional night stay to accommodate my rescheduled flight. My husband stayed here in January when we began looking for a home in the area & again in April for our closing. Now that we have a home in the area, we will not be staying here again, but will definitely recommend it to other travelers.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
3  Thank Sassafras22
BWCoralHillsManager, John Kessler, AGM at Best Western Coral Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2010

How is it that many of our best guests end up moving to St. George?!
Stop by and visit for ‘old-times’-sake’ sometime….and welcome to the neighborhood! :-)

Reviewed January 27, 2010

We have stayed at this BW hotel before and enjoyed it. The front office staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arnoldboy

Thanks for staying with us multiple times! The next time you visit you will notice some nice renovations completed in the front section of the property. We have constructed some red-rock pillars and replaced the rod-iron railings that help blend the property better with the historic district. It has turned out very nice and we’re receiving some great comments.

Reviewed January 22, 2010

Staff is continually friendly and helpful. Hotel is clean and has the amenties I need for a getaway. Great location. Can walk to some of the best places to eat (Bear Paw cafe and Painted Pony) in St George.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DdayLasVegas

I’m glad you appreciate our location being so close to some great restaurants.
If you haven’t yet, try ‘25 Main’ next, they have some cupcakes that are extremely popular with the locals. They are located just a ½ block down from the Bear Paw.

Reviewed January 21, 2010

This hotel is well located in St George. I stayed there so I could attend the 2009 Parade of Homes. The hotel is convenient to restaurants in the area. I used their free breakfast every morning I was there. Their breakfast is very good.
I plan to stay at this hotel for the 2010 Parade of Homes.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank twobacks

We will be looking forward to seeing you again this year!
Just a suggestion: the week of the 15-20 is less congested.