All reviewssink areafront desksoft pillowsperfect locationevent centerkeurig coffee makerhotel chainroom was cleanlots of restaurantseasy accesspool and hot tubnice poolthe breakfast areabusiness triprestaurants and shoppinghiemall
Reviewed July 3, 2017

Two queen bed suite - suite area was little small - basically an added area with a love seat and desk, but room was clean and in good shape. Pool and spa were perfect after a ski day. Nice touch - fresh fruit and coffee were always available in lobby + a handy board showing current ski conditions. Housekeeping struggled to keep towels stocked in room, but front desk was always quick to fix. Ski City - Super Pass can be purchased right at the hotel for an added bonus.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ortin
Reviewed June 22, 2017

We were very surprised and disappointed how much this Holiday Inn Express has changed, and not for the better. We stayed here in 2015 and it was good. This time, two years later, it was not good and we will not be returning. It was definitely not as clean as it was before. The room needed a good cleaning and the hotel itself needs some refreshing. Our window had a crack across the entire glass and it had clear tape over it, to keep the crack from spreading. The coffee maker did not work at all. There was paint spilled in the corner by the headboard on the carpet and it was on the box springs also. Here is the worst part--on a roll of toilet paper that was in the bathroom, there was a long brown smear on the edges. I couldn't look at it. My husband cautiously unrolled the entire roll and threw it away. In hindsight, we should have taken it down and showed the staff. The price of the room also jumped from 99.00 in 2015 to 145.00 in 2017. Quite the increase for a not so good room.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gvaeva
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sandy - South Salt Lake City, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2017

Hi gvaeva,

Thanks for choosing the Holiday Inn Express And Suites Sandy - South Salt Lake City for your lodging needs, we're glad to have hosted a repeat guest. Although it's nice seeing the satisfactory ratings you provided for our staff's service level and your sleep quality, it's disconcerting to learn that this time, we missed to provide you with a more stellar experience. On behalf of the team, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by the condition of your room, amenities, and toiletries. This is certainly not the impression we'd like to leave any of our guests and be assured that your feedback will be shared with the management so we may address areas that need immediate attention and further improvement.

I appreciate you bringing this to attention and I hope we get to welcome you back again for a chance to make your next stay better than the last.

Kindest Regards,

Jillian I
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed May 30, 2017

I spent 4 nights here and if I hadn't paid in advance, I would have checked out after the first night. This hotel is really not up to Holiday Inn standards. I have stayed in over a dozen Holiday Inns over the past couple of years and this was by far the worst. Small rooms, thin walls, slamming doors, screaming children, dirty carpets, noisy air conditioner, poor breakfast service. The bed was comfortable and the shower worked great, but with all the other annoying conditions, I was happy to check out.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel - there are many in the area
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Woodpecker48
Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

Recently my wife and I had an amazing stay at this property. The staff was incredibly helpful and kind. They were helpful with providing stay for our pets and took care of every need. High recommend!!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 4, 2017

My honey had a business trip to Utah, so I tagged along. His company booked us in this hotel as it was close to the plant. A shopping mall is just down the street along with lots of restaurants both fast food and sit down. Costco and Scheels Sporting Goods a nice, pleasant walk away.

The room was spacious and clean. The layout was a bit different than other hotels as the bath and vanity are situated right smack dab in the middle of the room between the desk and "lounge" area and the bed. Two TVs were featured in our room along with a Kuerig coffee maker (I love Kuerig),

Might want to be careful as though the room is carpeted, the bath and vanity area feature tile and it can be slick at times. Not even wet and I found myself sliding a bit. The edge and bottom of the bathtub tended to be slick in a couple of areas too.,...just a couple of safety precautions.

If you like a soft bed with soft pillows, this place is for you!

We stayed on the first floor and thought it might be noisy, but we didn't hear a peep - even at full capacity, I found out.

Clean, locale was great and the area restaurants were satisfying .... way to go Holiday Inn!!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business