“Not so great”

Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Sandy
Utah
“Not so great”
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I can honestly say, the only good thing about this motel is the friendly staff. My wife and I have stayed in a lot of Comfort Inn's but this one was very disappointing. It's old, hard to get to from the interstate, the breakfast was terrible and there is some kind of weird bar right next door. There was a WiFi instructions card in the room. After closely following the instructions several times I gave up but did find a little black box on the night stand that turned out to be a router/modem. Hooked up to it and bingo, nice internet connection. But not one bit of instruction for use.
Over heard one lady complaining at the front desk that she had clothes missing from her dresser draw in her room.
We do not recommend this motel.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Samslik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Minnesota
Reviewed 31 March 2010

The staff was very nice and the price was right. For people that complain about pop machines and ice machines just ask for a room away from them. That is what I did and was placed away from the noisy areas. The only think really bad was there were ants in the bathroom. We have stayed here before because of the price and all we need it for is to sleep as we don't get in until late and leave early in the am, so we don't spend much time at the hotel and not water people so don't care about the pool area. The breakfast was average could be better - warm milk.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leiselette
SLC, UT
Reviewed 17 February 2010

We stayed at the hotel in the jacuzzi suite i feel we got ripped off for what we got the breakfast was not very good the milk was hot and waffles feel apart the breakfast nook was not clean. the room the jacuzzi took an hour to get hot water to make it nice to sit in and it was just an oversized tub with jets. The pool was nice but the hot tube was broken so we couldn't use it. Internet worked when it wanted too. The staff was nice and helpful.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 13 February 2010

I had come here for a quick getaway with my husband. I had made the arrangements fairly last minute and didn't read reviews.... I should have! Every review that complains about the nightclub and the area should be taken seriously. I live in a not so nice area of this city myself and knew that it probably would not be a resort quality but I had no idea that it would be this bad. The rooms were very clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. However, I was not able to sleep a wink because of the people coming out of club Allure. They were loud and for about 10 minutes at 1:00 AM stood outside of our window talking very loudly. The walls were so paper-thin that it seemed as though those people outside were in our room! On the bright side when we complained to the front desk they were very helpful and shooed the loud people away. Our room was also by the soda machine and you could hear the quarters being put into it. We could hear the upstairs guests as they rolled over in bed! I am not sure about breakfast yet as I am writing this review in this hotel at 1:30 because I am unable to sleep now. I would not come here again.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zKnittingCellist
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 30 August 2009

The brick hotel is behind some kind of weird stripper club. The location is about 25 minutes to the airport and there are no restaurants in the immediate vicinity. It wasn't that convenient. The building was nice when it was built, probably in the 80's. But it lacks updates, and our wiring on the lights in our room was faulty and didn't work on the second day. The toilet was broken and needed someone to remove the tank lid after almost every flush to ensure that it would fill and not run incessantly.

On a bright note, the indoor pool and hot tub were nice. But there were not many families staying here, our kids had the pool to themselves. The breakfast was the typical Comfort Inn fare, but this place kept everything full and there were plenty of seats, it wasn't so busy that people were fighting for chairs like many Comfort Inns are.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Kansas
Reviewed 24 July 2009

Clean with a friendly staff, decent breakfast. A little bit older Comfort Inn but was one of the vest values we found on our vacation.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
British Columbia
Reviewed 26 June 2009

I recently stayed at the Sandy Comfort Inn. Reserved it on the 2 star rating so I wasn't expecting 5 star comfort. Do your self a favour, don't stay there unless you are wanting to avoid sleep. Air conditioning unit(my room anyways) was so loud you couldn't sleep from the noise. My daughter suggested buying a portable fan. A night club on one side of the parking lot provides great nighttime entertainment .(Not) Its convenient if you want quick access to the highway because it's pretty much on the highway.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandy
3.7 km away
Sleep Inn South Jordan
#4 of 5 in South Jordan
3.6 km away
Hampton Inn Salt Lake City/Sandy

Been to Econo Lodge Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!